Football tournaments similar to or like UEFA Cup Winners' Cup
Football club competition contested annually by the most recent winners of all European domestic cup competitions. Wikipedia
Italian football clubs have entered European association football competitions (UEFA Champions League/European Cup, UEFA Europa League/UEFA Cup/Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and the now defunct UEFA Intertoto Cup and UEFA Cup Winners' Cup) since season 1955–56, when Milan took part in European Cup competition. Fourth force in Europe according to UEFA ranking, following the Spanish, English and German football. Wikipedia
Scottish football clubs have participated in European association football competitions since 1955, when Hibernian entered the inaugural European Cup. Scottish sides have won four UEFA competitions between them, with Celtic becoming the first side from the British Isles to be European champions by winning the 1966–67 European Cup. Wikipedia
English football clubs have entered European association football competitions (UEFA Champions League/European Cup, UEFA Europa League/UEFA Cup and the now defunct UEFA Intertoto Cup, Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and UEFA Cup Winners' Cup) since 1955, when Birmingham City and a London XI took part in the inaugural Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. English clubs have also taken part in the FIFA Club World Cup on four occasions and the Intercontinental Cup on six occasions. Wikipedia
The 14th European Super Cup, an annual football match contested by the winners of the previous season's European Cup and European Cup Winners' Cup competitions. Played on a home-and-away basis, and was contested by Milan, winners of the 1988–89 European Cup, and Barcelona, who had won the 1988–89 European Cup Winners' Cup. Wikipedia
Sentences forUEFA Cup Winners' Cup
- The FA Cup winners qualify for the following season's UEFA Europa League (formerly named the UEFA Cup; from its launch in 1960 until 1998, they entered the now-defunct UEFA Cup Winners' Cup instead).
- It is now the second-tier competition of European club football, ranking below the UEFA Champions League, after being a third-tier competition from 1971 to 1999 before the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup was discontinued.
- At club level, to date Italy has won a total of 12 European Cup / Champions' Leagues, 9 UEFA Cups / UEFA Europa League and 7 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup.
- The following year, Chelsea took their first European honour, a UEFA Cup Winners' Cup triumph, with another replayed win, this time over Real Madrid in Athens.
- A third competition, the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, which had started in 1960, was absorbed into the UEFA Cup (now UEFA Europa League) in 1999.
- In 1999, the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup was abolished and merged with the UEFA Cup.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: UEFA Cup Winners' Cup