Football tournaments similar to or like UEFA Europa League
Annual football club competition organised by UEFA since 1971 for eligible European football clubs. Wikipedia
Italian football clubs have entered European association football competitions (UEFA Champions League/European Cup, UEFA Europa League/UEFA Cup/Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and the now defunct UEFA Intertoto Cup and UEFA Cup Winners' Cup) since season 1955–56, when Milan took part in European Cup competition. Fourth force in Europe according to UEFA ranking, following the Spanish, English and German football. Wikipedia
Scottish football clubs have participated in European association football competitions since 1955, when Hibernian entered the inaugural European Cup. Scottish sides have won four UEFA competitions between them, with Celtic becoming the first side from the British Isles to be European champions by winning the 1966–67 European Cup. Wikipedia
English football clubs have entered European association football competitions (UEFA Champions League/European Cup, UEFA Europa League/UEFA Cup and the now defunct UEFA Intertoto Cup, Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and UEFA Cup Winners' Cup) since 1955, when Birmingham City and a London XI took part in the inaugural Inter-Cities Fairs Cup. English clubs have also taken part in the FIFA Club World Cup on four occasions and the Intercontinental Cup on six occasions. Wikipedia
Sporting Clube de Braga, a Portuguese football club based in the northern city of Braga, has competed in European competitions organised by UEFA. The team has competed in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, UEFA Europa League (formerly UEFA Cup), UEFA Intertoto Cup and UEFA Champions League. Wikipedia
Annual club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and contested by top-division European clubs, deciding the competition winners through a group and knockout format. One of the most prestigious football tournaments in the world and the most prestigious club competition in European football, played by the national league champions of their national associations. Wikipedia
German football clubs hold the third place in UEFA ranking and are represented by four clubs in the UEFA Champions League and three clubs in the UEFA Europa League. Over the last few years German football has risen, and that can be confirmed from the appearance of two German clubs in the final of the 2012–13 Champions League. Wikipedia
Portuguese professional football club based in Lisbon whose involvement in European competition dates back to the 1950s. As champions of Portugal, Benfica were supposed to participate in the inaugural edition of the European Cup in 1955, but they were not invited by the organizers. Wikipedia
The 45th edition of the UEFA Super Cup, an annual football match organised by UEFA and contested by the reigning champions of the two main European club competitions, the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League. The match featured German club Bayern Munich, the winners of the 2019–20 UEFA Champions League, and Spanish club Sevilla, the winners of the 2019–20 UEFA Europa League. Wikipedia
The final match of the 2019–20 UEFA Champions League, the 65th season of Europe's premier club football tournament organised by UEFA, and the 28th season since it was renamed from the European Champion Clubs' Cup to the UEFA Champions League. Played on 23 August 2020 at the Estádio da Luz in Lisbon, Portugal, between French club Paris Saint-Germain, in their first European Cup final, and German club Bayern Munich. Wikipedia
Annual club football competition organised by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and contested by top-division European clubs, deciding the competition winners. Extensive television audience, not just in Europe, but throughout the world. Wikipedia
Qarabağ FK has participated in 14 editions of the club competitions governed by UEFA, the chief authority for football across Europe. These include 4 seasons in the Champions League, 9 seasons in the UEFA Cup and Europa League, two seasons in the Cup Winners' Cup and one season in the Intertoto Cup. Wikipedia
Villarreal CF, a Spanish football club, has played in European football since 2002, in the Intertoto Cup, UEFA Cup, Champions League and Europa League. The 2005–06 season brought the club considerable European success and recognition, due to their consistent performances in the Champions League. Wikipedia
Sentences forUEFA Europa League
- The EFL Cup was established in 1960 and is open to all EFL and Premier League clubs, with the winner eligible to participate in the UEFA Europa League.
- Hardaker threatened UEFA with a boycott of the UEFA Cup, unless UEFA gave the League Cup winner European qualification.
- Atlético is considered a European elite team, having reached in the last ten seasons, three UEFA Europa League titles and two UEFA Champions League finals.
- PFC CSKA Moscow became the first Russian football team to win a UEFA title, the UEFA Cup (present-day UEFA Europa League).
- These coefficients are generated by the results of clubs representing each association during the previous five Champions League and UEFA Cup/Europa League seasons.
- In 2010 UEFA held the final of the UEFA Europa League in the arena.
- Winners also qualify for the UEFA Europa League and a place in the upcoming FA Community Shield.
- Swansea took one of England's three available places in the Europa League in 2013–14 by winning the League Cup in 2012–13.
- The winners of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League also qualify for the subsequent season's UEFA Champions League group stage.
- Liverpool won both the League and the UEFA Cup during the 1972–73 season, and the FA Cup again a year later.
- In 2014, Qarabağ became the second Azerbaijani club advancing to the group stage of UEFA Europa League.
- At club level, to date Italy has won a total of 12 European Cup / Champions' Leagues, 9 UEFA Cups / UEFA Europa League and 7 UEFA Cup Winners' Cup.
- The FA Cup winners qualify for the following season's UEFA Europa League (formerly named the UEFA Cup; from its launch in 1960 until 1998, they entered the now-defunct UEFA Cup Winners' Cup instead).
- They were also Europa League semi-finalists in 2006.
- Two years later, in 2000–01, Liverpool won the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup to complete a cup treble.
- If this means six Premier League teams qualify, then the fourth-placed team in the Premier League instead plays in the UEFA Europa League, for any single nation is limited to a maximum of five teams.
- Additionally, between the 1999–2000 and 2009–10 seasons, four Premier League sides reached UEFA Cup or Europa League finals, with only Liverpool managing to win the competition in 2001.
- In 1974, they were the first Dutch club to win the UEFA Cup and in 2002, Feyenoord won the UEFA Cup again.
- The club's most recent trophy was the UEFA Europa League, which they won in 2016–17.
- Celtic also went on to reach another European Cup Final in 1970, losing to Feyenoord, and also the final of the UEFA Cup in 2003, where they lost an enthralling match which finished 3–2 to Portuguese club Porto.
- The third-placed team enters the UEFA Europa League.
- The club also became finalists of the UEFA Europa League in 1999, 2004 and 2018.
- A second, lower-ranked competition is the UEFA Europa League.
- In the early 21st century, following restructuring of European football, particularly of its international club competitions the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, there were considerations of removing the prize of European qualification from the League Cup's winners.
- The European Club Association is responsible for electing three members to UEFA's Club Competitions Committee, which is involved in the operations of UEFA competitions such as the Champions League and UEFA Europa League.
- In winning that title, United became the fifth club to have won the "UEFA club coEuropean Treble" of European Cup/UEFA Champions League, Cup Winners' Cup, and UEFA Cup/Europa League after Juventus, Ajax, Bayern Munich and Chelsea.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: UEFA Europa League