United nations similar to or like UNICEF
United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. Wikipedia
UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries. Wikipedia
United Nations Specialized Agencies are autonomous organizations working with the United Nations and each other through the co-ordinating machinery of the United Nations Economic and Social Council at the intergovernmental level, and through the Chief Executives Board for co-ordination (CEB) at the inter-secretariat level. To solve economic, social, cultural and humanitarian problems through international cooperation. Wikipedia
Intergovernmental organization that aims to maintain international peace and security, develop friendly relations among nations, achieve international cooperation, and be a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations. Largest, most familiar, most internationally represented and most powerful intergovernmental organization in the world. Wikipedia
The United Nations response to the COVID-19 pandemic has been led by its Secretary-General and can be divided into formal resolutions at the General Assembly and at the Security Council (UNSC), and operations via its specialized agencies and chiefly the World Health Organization in the initial stages, but involving more humanitarian-oriented agencies as the humanitarian impact became clearer, and then economic organizations, like the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, the International Labour Organization, and the World Bank, as the socioeconomic implications worsened. In June 2020, the Secretary-General launched the 'UN Comprehensive Response to COVID-19'; the UN has also launched a global vaccination initiative. Wikipedia
The United Nations System consists of the United Nations, and the six principal organs of the United Nations: the General Assembly, Security Council, Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), Trusteeship Council, International Court of Justice (ICJ), and the UN Secretariat, along with various specialized agencies and affiliated organizations. Not formally part of the United Nations System, have seats on the United Nations System Chief Executives' Board for Coordination . Wikipedia
- The report estimated that over 954,300 people needed food security support, and that, according to UNICEF, an "estimated 187,200 children under 5 years of age will experience severe acute malnutrition".
- Despite ranking 11th in GDP per capita, UNICEF ranked the Netherlands 1st in child well-being in rich countries, both in 2007 and in 2013.
- According to UNICEF, nearly half of reported rape victims are under 15 years old, and 13% are under 7 years old.
- On 28 December 2018 a report issued by UNICEF revealed that during the first nine months of 2018, five thousand children were killed or injured in Afghanistan.
- These floods affected more than a million people across the country, including 336,000 who were displaced, according to UNICEF.
- Special UN programmes not included in the regular budget, such as UNICEF and the World Food Programme, are financed by voluntary contributions from member governments, corporations, and private individuals.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: UNICEF