Football leagues similar to or like USL First Division
Professional men's soccer league in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico from 2005 to 2010. Wikipedia
The tenth and final season for the club in the USL Conference of the USSF Division-2 Professional League , the second tier of the United States soccer pyramid. Temporary professional soccer league created by the United States Soccer Federation in 2010 to last just one season, as a compromise between the feuding United Soccer Leagues (USL) and the North American Soccer League (NASL). Wikipedia
Sentences forUSL First Division
- Previous to the reorganization of the NASL in 2009, the USL First Division operated as the professional second-division league in the United States.
- Portland, Seattle, and Vancouver were rivals back in the original NASL during the 1970s and all 3 were together in the USL from 2001 to 2008.
- NASL began regular league play in April 2011 with eight members comprising former clubs from the USL First Division, the USL Second Division, plus expansion sides.
- The A-League emerged from the restructured American Professional Soccer League in 1995 and operated until 2004, after which it was re-branded the USL First Division.
- In the A-League and USL First Division Portland and Vancouver clashed in crucial, and often physical matches during the late 2000s, with the clubs facing each other in memorable playoff duels in 2007, 2009, and 2010.
- In 1997 Charleston became one of the original clubs of the newly branded A-League (later the USL First Division).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: USL First Division