Settlements similar to or like Udaipur
City in the state of Rajasthan, India. Wikipedia
Very popular tourist destination in Rajasthan, India. Land around the azure water lakes, hemmed in by the lush hills of the Aravalis.The city is a blend of sights, sounds and experiences.With its kaleidoscope of fairy-tale palaces, lakes, temples, gardens and narrow lanes, the city carries the flavor of heroic past, epitomizing valor and chivalry. Wikipedia
- The state of Mewar was founded around 530 AD; later it would also, and ultimately predominantly, called Udaipur after the name of the capital.
- Due to this event, Udai Singh II founded Udaipur, which became the new capital of the Mewar kingdom.
- Bond infiltrates a floating palace in Udaipur, and there finds its owner, Octopussy, a wealthy businesswoman, smuggler and associate of Khan.
- Zinc mines at Zawar, near Udaipur in India, have been active since the Mauryan period (c.
- Naksh returns to Udaipur and convinces Kaveri to forgive an innocent Akshara, and thus the family return and reunite.
- The forest area is mainly in southern districts of Rajasthan (Udaipur and Chittorgarh).
- It was Sharma's unbeaten innings of 142 in 123 balls against North Zone at the Maharanna Bhupal College Ground in Udaipur in the same tournament that brought him into the limelight.
- The last legal case of Sati within a princely state dates from 1861 Udaipur the capital of Mewar, but as Anant S. Altekar shows, local opinion had then shifted strongly against the practice.
- Navratri mela, Bhagoria mela (during Holi festival) etc. Bhil community of Udaipur celebrate Gavari festival each year after Holi.
- Akshara and Naitik, both from a large Marwari joint family based in Udaipur, get married through arranged marriage.
- Haldighati was a futile victory for the Mughals, as they were unable to kill or capture Pratap Singh, or any of his close family members in Udaipur.
- Much of the film was shot in Udaipur, India.
- As it based on the families in Udaipur of Rajasthan, some scenes were also filmed there.
- By the 10th century, temples dedicated to Varaha were established in Khajuraho (existent, but worship has ceased), Udaipur, Jhansi (now in ruins) etc.
- This is the birthplace of Maharana Udai Singh, the founder of Udaipur.
- Subsequently, Akbar led a sustained campaign against the Rana, and soon, Goganda, Udaipur, and Kumbhalgarh were all under his control.
- Shivraj dies while trying to Udaipur from a terrorist attack.
- Kumari was a Sisodia Rajput descended from Rana Pratap of Udaipur.
- Navlakha Mahal inside Gulab Bagh and Zoo at Udaipur is also associated with him where he wrote the second edition of his seminal work, Satyarth Prakash, in Samvat 1939 (1882-83 CE).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Udaipur