Subdivision types similar to or like Union territory
Type of administrative division in the Republic of India. Wikipedia
The administrative divisions of India are subnational administrative units of India; they compose a nested hierarchy of country subdivisions. Indian states and territories frequently use different local titles for the same level of subdivision (e.g., the mandals of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana correspond to tehsils of Uttar Pradesh and other Hindi-speaking states but to talukas of Gujarat, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, and Tamil Nadu). Wikipedia
Ordered from largest to smallest according to the census of 2011. India consists of 28 states and 8 union territories, including the National Capital Territory of Delhi. Wikipedia
Sentences forUnion territory
- This includes maximum 530 members to represent the constituencies and states and up to 20 members to represent the union territories (both chosen by direct elections).
- Some states and union territories also recognize a minority language: such as Urdu in Telangana, French in Puducherry, and Bengali in Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The division deals with all legislative and constitutional matters relating to Union territories, including National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- India is a federal union comprising 28 states and 8 union territories (listed below as 1–28 and A–H, respectively).
- The Tuensang frontier was united with this single political region, Naga Hills Tuensang Area (NHTA), and it became a Union territory directly administered by the Central government with a large degree of autonomy.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Union territory