Events similar to or like United States Bicentennial
Series of celebrations and observances during the mid-1970s that paid tribute to historical events leading up to the creation of the United States of America as an independent republic. Wikipedia
Federal holiday in the United States commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States, on July 4, 1776. The Continental Congress declared that the thirteen American colonies were no longer subject (and subordinate) to the monarch of Britain, King George III, and were now united, free, and independent states. Wikipedia
Geographically, the Old South are the U.S. states in the Southern United States that were among the original Thirteen Colonies, which declared independence in 1776 and formed the United States of America. Differentiated from the Deep South and Upper South, by being limited to these states present-day boundaries, rather than those of their colonial predecessors. Wikipedia
Sentences forUnited States Bicentennial
- In concert with the United States Bicentennial in 1976, Stanford White's changes to the Rotunda were removed and the building was returned to Jefferson's original design.
- Ford's 1976 election campaign benefitted from his being an incumbent president during several anniversary events held during the period leading up to the United States Bicentennial.
- The 1976 United States Bicentennial celebration provided the motivation for planning to accommodate large numbers of expected visitors to the National Mall.
- Originally held as a downtown street parade in 1976 to celebrate the United States Bicentennial, the festival proved popular enough for the city to hold it every year.
- In the United States Bicentennial issue of their AIA Journal, the American Institute of Architects called it "the proudest achievement of American architecture in the past 200 years."
- Perhaps in tribute to the historic venue, as well as to the United States Bicentennial celebration, both candidates spoke of a "new spirit" in America.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: United States Bicentennial