Government agencies similar to or like United States Environmental Protection Agency
Independent executive agency of the United States federal government tasked with environmental protection matters. Wikipedia
Body consisting of the vice president of the United States and the heads of federal executive departments of the executive branch of the federal government of the United States which is regarded as the principal advisory body to the president of the United States. Not formally a member of the Cabinet. Wikipedia
Independent agency of the United States federal government that is primarily responsible for administering civilian foreign aid and development assistance. One of the largest official aid agencies in the world, and accounts for more than half of all U.S. foreign assistance—the highest in the world in absolute dollar terms. Wikipedia
Head of the United States Environmental Protection Agency , and is thus responsible for enforcing the nation's Clean Air and Clean Water Acts, as well as numerous other environmental statutes. Nominated by the president of the United States and must be confirmed by a vote of the Senate. Wikipedia
National government of the United States, a federal republic in North America, composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories and several island possessions. Composed of three distinct branches: legislative, executive, and judicial, whose powers are vested by the U.S. Constitution in the Congress, the president and the federal courts, respectively. Wikipedia
Independent agency of the United States government that regulates communications by radio, television, wire, satellite, and cable across the United States. The FCC maintains jurisdiction over the areas of broadband access, fair competition, radio frequency use, media responsibility, public safety, and homeland security. Wikipedia
Independent agency of the United States government tasked with protecting public health and safety related to nuclear energy. Established by the Energy Reorganization Act of 1974, the NRC began operations on January 19, 1975, as one of two successor agencies to the United States Atomic Energy Commission. Wikipedia
Sentences forUnited States Environmental Protection Agency
- There are more than 700 active oil wells within 1,500 feet of homes, churches, schools and hospitals in the city, a situation about which the EPA has voiced serious concerns.
- While Republican President Richard Nixon was not an environmentalist, he signed legislation to create the Environmental Protection Agency in 1970 and had a comprehensive environmental program.
- In a February 2010 letter, the United States Environmental Protection Agency sharply criticized these plans because of a water shortfall, sewage problems and the impact on coral reefs.
- In 2007, Vermont was best in the country for construction of new energy efficient homes as evaluated by the United States Environmental Protection Agency under the Energy Star program.
- Before adopting U.S. Environmental Protection Agency standards, portions of Tumon Bay were dredged by the hotel chains to provide a better experience for hotel guests.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: United States Environmental Protection Agency