Legislatures similar to or like United States House of Representatives
Lower house of the United States Congress, with the Senate being the upper house. Wikipedia
Bicameral legislature of the federal government of the United States and consists of the House of Representatives and the Senate. The Congress meets in the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C. Both senators and representatives are chosen through direct election, though vacancies in the Senate may be filled by a governor's appointment. Wikipedia
Meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives. It convened in Washington, D.C., on January 3, 2019, and ended on January 3, 2021, during the final two years of Donald Trump's presidency. Wikipedia
Group of presidential electors required by the Constitution to form every four years for the sole purpose of electing the president and vice president. Each state appoints electors according to its legislature, equal in number to its congressional delegation (senators and representatives). Wikipedia
Meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, from January 3, 2013, to January 3, 2015, during the fifth and sixth years of Barack Obama's presidency. Composed of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives based on the results of the 2012 Senate elections and the 2012 House elections. Wikipedia
Current meeting of the legislative branch of the United States federal government, composed of the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives. It convened in Washington, D.C., on January 3, 2021, during the final weeks of Donald Trump's presidency, and will end on January 3, 2023. Wikipedia
Sentences forUnited States House of Representatives
- The Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus is a congressional caucus of 164 Democrats and 1 Republican that advocate for LGBT rights within the House of Representatives.
- The state of California sends 53 members to the House of Representatives, the nation's largest congressional state delegation.
- In the House, they form the Blue Dog Coalition, a caucus of conservatives and centrists willing to broker compromises with the Republican leadership.
- In the United States House of Representatives, it is split among ten congressional districts.
- Chicago contains less than 25% of the state's population, but it is split between eight of Illinois' 19 districts in the United States House of Representatives.
- The results of the 2010 census determined the number of seats that each state receives in the United States House of Representatives starting with the 2012 elections.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: United States House of Representatives