Official posts similar to or like United States Secretary of State
The United States secretary of state implements foreign policy for the U.S. government as the head of the U.S. Department of State. Wikipedia
Advisory document maintained by the Ceremonials Division of the Office of the Chief of Protocol of the United States which lists the ceremonial order, or relative preeminence, for domestic and foreign government officials at diplomatic, ceremonial, and social events within the United States and abroad. Used to mitigate miscommunication and embarrassment in diplomacy, and offer a distinct and concrete spectrum of preeminence for ceremonies. Wikipedia
Body consisting of the vice president of the United States and the heads of federal executive departments of the executive branch of the federal government of the United States which is regarded as the principal advisory body to the president of the United States. Not formally a member of the Cabinet. Wikipedia
Executive department of the U.S. federal government responsible for the nation's foreign policy and international relations. Equivalent to the ministry of foreign affairs of other nations, its primary duties are advising the U.S. president, administering diplomatic missions, negotiating international treaties and agreements, and representing the U.S. at the United Nations. Wikipedia
Head of the United States Department of the Treasury, which is concerned with all financial and monetary matters relating to the federal government, and, until 2003, also included several major federal law enforcement agencies. Principal economic advisor to the president of the United States and plays a critical role in policy-making by bringing an economic and government financial policy perspective to issues facing the federal government. Wikipedia
Members of the Cabinet of the United States in the Biden administration will assume office after the inauguration of President Joe Biden on January 20, 2021, and after confirmation by the United States Senate. In addition to the 15 heads of executive departments, there will be nine Cabinet-level officials, with three positions being elevated to Cabinet-level, and one position being dropped. Wikipedia
Head of the United States Department of Energy, a member of the Cabinet of the United States, and fifteenth in the presidential line of succession. Formed on October 1, 1977 with the creation of the Department of Energy when President Jimmy Carter signed the Department of Energy Organization Act. Wikipedia
Head of the United States Department of the Interior. The secretary and the Department of the Interior are responsible for the management and conservation of most federal land and natural resources, leading such agencies as the Bureau of Land Management, the United States Geological Survey, Bureau of Indian Affairs, and the National Park Service. Wikipedia
Donald Trump assumed office as President of the United States on January 20, 2017, and his term ended on January 20, 2021. The President has the authority to nominate members of his Cabinet to the United States Senate for confirmation under the Appointments Clause of the United States Constitution. Wikipedia
Head of the United States Department of Health and Human Services, and serves as the principal advisor to the president of the United States on all health matters. Member of the United States Cabinet. Wikipedia
Leader of the U.S. delegation, the U.S. Mission to the United Nations. Formally known as the permanent representative of the United States of America to the United Nations, with the rank and status of ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary, and representative of the United States of America in the United Nations Security Council. Wikipedia
List of notable individuals and organizations who endorsed Joe Biden's campaign for President of the United States in the 2020 U.S. presidential election. undefined undefined undefined Wikipedia
Head of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, the department concerned with veterans' benefits, health care, and national veterans' memorials and cemeteries. Member of the Cabinet and second to last at sixteenth in the line of succession to the presidency . Wikipedia
Head of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, a member of the president's Cabinet, and thirteenth in the presidential line of succession. Created with the formation of the Department of Housing and Urban Development on September 9, 1965, by President Lyndon B. Johnson's signing of into law. Wikipedia
Member of the Cabinet of the United States, and as the head of the United States Department of Labor, controls the department, and enforces and suggests laws involving unions, the workplace, and all other issues involving any form of business-person controversies. U.S. Secretary of Commerce and Labor, who led this department along with the U.S. Department of Commerce as one department. Wikipedia
Third in charge of the United States Department of State. Principal advisor to the Secretary of State and shares in the global responsibility for U.S. foreign policy. Wikipedia
List of political appointments of current officeholders made by the 45th president of the United States, Donald Trump. Links to lists of announced positions from which candidates have withdrawn or appointees who have resigned or have been terminated, as well as lists of appointments to other independent agencies and of holdovers from previous administrations are below. Wikipedia
Currently the third-ranking position in the United States Department of State, after the Secretary and the Deputy Secretary. Usually occupied by a career Foreign Service Officer, making the occupant the highest-ranking member of the Foreign Service. Wikipedia
Sentences forUnited States Secretary of State
- It followed a year-long campaign first initiated by students who had worked together to block the appointment of former United States Secretary of State Henry Kissinger to an endowed chair at the university in 1977.
- In December 2005, President Traian Băsescu and United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice signed an agreement that would allow a U.S. military presence at several Romanian facilities primarily in the eastern part of the country.
- Churchill believed that Eisenhower did not fully comprehend the danger posed by the H-bomb and he greatly distrusted Eisenhower's Secretary of State, John Foster Dulles.
- Since presidents rarely die in office, however, the better preparation for the presidency was considered to be the office of Secretary of State, in which Webster served under Harrison, Tyler, and later, Taylor's successor, Fillmore.
- Korea was not included in the strategic Asian Defense Perimeter outlined by United States Secretary of State Dean Acheson.
- In 1785, Jefferson was appointed the United States Minister to France, and subsequently, the nation's first Secretary of State under President George Washington from 1790 to 1793.
- For over 200 years, Marines have served at the request of various Secretaries of State.
- It is led by the secretary of state, a member of the Cabinet who is nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate.
- US Secretary of State Cordell Hull also opposed it and convinced Roosevelt that it was infeasible.
- Between 1949 and 1985, it was overseen by the administrator of General Services, and before that by the secretary of state.
- Biden rejected speculation that he might become Secretary of State, focusing on only the presidency.
- Soon after returning from France, Jefferson accepted Washington's invitation to serve as Secretary of State.
- The Department of State underwent its first major overhaul with the Rogers Act of 1924, which merged the diplomatic and consular services into the Foreign Service, a professionalized personnel system under which the Secretary of State is authorized to assign diplomats abroad.
- Retired general John Allen, the U.S. envoy appointed to co-ordinate the coalition; U.S. Army Lieutenant General James Terry, head of operations against the group; and Secretary of State John Kerry had all shifted towards use of the term Daesh by December 2014.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: United States Secretary of State