Topics similar to or like United States presidential election
Indirect election in which citizens of the United States who are registered to vote in one of the fifty U.S. states or in Washington, D.C., cast ballots not directly for those offices, but instead for members of the Electoral College. Wikipedia
Group of presidential electors required by the Constitution to form every four years for the sole purpose of electing the president and vice president. Each state appoints electors according to its legislature, equal in number to its congressional delegation (senators and representatives). Wikipedia
Procedure used to elect the president or vice president in the event that no candidate for one or both of these offices wins an absolute majority of votes in the Electoral College. Decided by a special vote of the United States House of Representatives, while a vice-presidential contingent election is decided by a vote of the United States Senate. Wikipedia
The 58th quadrennial presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016. The Republican ticket of businessman Donald Trump and Indiana governor Mike Pence defeated the Democratic ticket of former secretary of state Hillary Clinton and U.S. senator from Virginia Tim Kaine. Wikipedia
Sentences forUnited States presidential election
- New York State has the distinction of being the home state for both major-party nominees in three presidential elections.
- A member of the Democratic Party, he won a record four presidential elections and became a central figure in world events during the first half of the 20th century.
- The president is not elected by direct vote, but by an indirect electoral college system in which the determining votes are apportioned to the states and the District of Columbia.
- The 2016 United States presidential election was the 58th quadrennial presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016.
- The 2008 United States presidential election was the 56th quadrennial presidential election, held on Tuesday, November 4, 2008.
- When casting ballots in presidential elections they are voting for presidential electors, who then, using procedures provided in the 12th amendment, elect the president and vice president.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: United States presidential election