Universities similar to or like University of Toronto
Public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located on the grounds that surround Queen's Park. Wikipedia
Federal public research university located in London, England. Established by royal charter in 1836, as a degree-awarding examination board for students holding certificates from University College London and King's College London and "other such other Institutions, corporate or unincorporated, as shall be established for the purpose of Education, whether within the Metropolis or elsewhere within our United Kingdom", allowing it to be one of three institutions to claim the title of the third-oldest university in England, and moved to a federal structure in 1900. Wikipedia
Sentences forUniversity of Toronto
- Lawrence Richards, a member of the Faculty of Architecture at the University of Toronto, has said: "Toronto is a new, brash, rag-tag place—a big mix of periods and styles."
- The University of Toronto acted as an examining and degree awarding body for the province of Ontario from 1853 to 1887, by utilising an operating model based on that of University of London.
- The first recorded game of what would become known as Canadian football was played in Toronto on November 9, 1861, featuring University of Toronto students.
- The first documented football match was a practice game played on November 9, 1861, at University College, University of Toronto (approximately 400 yd west of Queen's Park).
- The first meeting between the two teams took place on October 18, 1873 at the University of Toronto where the Argonauts defeated the Hamilton Football Club by a Goal and a Try to Nil.
- The largest university is the University of Toronto with over 85,000 students.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: University of Toronto