Languages similar to or like Urdu
Indo-Aryan language spoken chiefly in South Asia. Wikipedia
Languages spoken in India belong to several language families, the major ones being the Indo-Aryan languages spoken by 78.05% of Indians and the Dravidian languages spoken by 19.64% of Indians. Languages spoken by the remaining 2.31% of the population belong to the Austroasiatic, Sino-Tibetan, Tai-Kadai and a few other minor language families and isolates. Wikipedia
- Due to immigration, it was reported in 2007 that around 800,000 school students spoke a foreign language at home, the most common being Punjabi and Urdu.
- Urdu—the lingua franca and a symbol of Muslim identity and national unity—is the national language understood by over 75% of Pakistanis.
- Each may also designate a "co-official language"; in Uttar Pradesh, for instance, depending on the political formation in power, this language is generally Urdu.
- The name Pakistan means literally "a land abounding in the pure" or "a land in which the pure abound," in Urdu and Persian.
- In the 18th century, an intensively Persianised version of Hindustani emerged and came to be called Urdu.
- Other non-Arab Muslims might use different names as much as Allah, for instance "Khodā" in Persian or "Ḵẖudā" in Urdu.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Urdu