Settlements similar to or like Uttarakhand
State in the northern part of India. Wikipedia
- Elsewhere, such as Dehradun (Uttarakhand), inscriptions in more or less correct classical Sanskrit inscriptions are dated to the 3rd century.
- The Himalayan states of Uttarakhand (20%) and Himachal Pradesh (14%) have the highest percentage of Brahmin population relative to respective state's total Hindus.
- In the 11th century, a powerful empire of Khas people emerged in western Nepal whose territory at its highest peak included much of western Nepal as well as parts of western Tibet and Uttarakhand of India.
- In 2010, Uttarakhand became the first state in India to make Sanskrit its second official language.
- Every year in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, villagers perform the Pandav Lila, a ritual re-enactment of episodes from the Mahabharata through dancing, singing, and recitation.
- In 2000, northern districts of the state were separated to form the state of Uttarakhand.
- On 9 November 2000, a new state, Uttarakhand, was carved from the state's Himalayan hill region.
- The episode was shot in Jim Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand and was broadcast in 180 countries along India.
- In November 2015, Uttarakhand became the first state of India to legalize the cultivation of hemp for industrial purposes.
- It differs from the North Zonal Council in its inclusion of Uttarakhand and the omission of Delhi.
- Dehradun, also known as Dera Doon, is the winter capital and the most populated city of the Indian state of Uttarakhand.
- Researchers give examples of the Rajputs of both divisions of present-day Uttarakhand - Garhwal and Kumaon and show how they were formally Shudra or ritually low but had successfully assimilated into Rajput community at different times.
- The place is a tourist site and is maintained by Uttarakhand State.
- Uttarakhand had hosted very few matches of Ranji Trophy.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Uttarakhand