Software similar to or like Viber
Cross-platform voice over IP and instant messaging (IM) software application operated by Japanese multinational company Rakuten, provided as a freeware for the Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux platforms. Wikipedia
Cross-platform instant messaging , Voice over IP (VoIP), social media and peer to peer file sharing application which was launched on 12 December 2012 by Kavin Bharti Mittal and is now owned by Hike Private Limited. It allow users to share text and voice messages in real-time when connected to internet as well by SMS when offline. Wikipedia
Freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service owned by Facebook, Inc. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other media. Also accessible from desktop computers, as long as the user's mobile device remains connected to the Internet while they use the desktop app. Wikipedia
SIP-compatible softphone and SIP-based instant messenger for Linux, Microsoft Windows, OS X, iOS and Android. Developed and maintained by the Canadian company Savoir-faire Linux, and with the help of a global community of users and contributors, Jami positions itself as a potential free Skype replacement. Wikipedia
Cross-platform instant messaging and communication application that specializes in video calls and voice calls for smartphones. Users can also send each other text messages, emoticons, images, videos, voice messages, contacts, user location as well as create group chats, group video calls and conference calls. Wikipedia
Free and open-source widget toolkit for creating graphical user interfaces as well as cross-platform applications that run on various software and hardware platforms such as Linux, Windows, macOS, Android or embedded systems with little or no change in the underlying codebase while still being a native application with native capabilities and speed. Currently being developed by The Qt Company, a publicly listed company, and the Qt Project under open-source governance, involving individual developers and organizations working to advance Qt. Wikipedia
Family of internet security applications developed by Avast for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Android and iOS. The Avast Antivirus products include free and proprietary versions that provide computer security, browser security, antivirus software, firewall, anti-phishing, antispyware, and anti-spam among other services. Wikipedia
Instant messaging software application developed by Apple Inc. for its macOS, iOS, iPadOS, and watchOS operating systems. The mobile version of Messages on iOS used on iPhone and iPad also supports SMS and MMS due to replacing the older text messaging Text app since iPhone OS 3. Wikipedia
Cross-platform GUI framework developed by Embarcadero Technologies for use in Delphi or C++Builder, using C++ or Object Pascal to build cross platform applications for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. Also a 3rd party library FMX Linux that enables the building of FireMonkey applications on Linux. Wikipedia
Set of computer software and specifications developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems, which was later acquired by the Oracle Corporation, that provides a system for developing application software and deploying it in a cross-platform computing environment. Used in a wide variety of computing platforms from embedded devices and mobile phones to enterprise servers and supercomputers. Wikipedia
Instant messaging and voice over IP (VoIP) client which supports text, voice, video, file transfers, and inter-application communication over various IM communication protocols. Created by forking the Gossip project started by Michael Hallendal, Richard Hult and later maintained by Martyn Russell. Wikipedia
Office suite of applications created by Apple Inc. for its macOS and iOS operating systems, and also available cross-platform through the iCloud website. It includes Keynote, a presentation program; the word processing and desktop publishing application Pages; and the spreadsheet application Numbers. Wikipedia
- The company launched the Western Union Connect service in October 2015, following partnership agreements with major instant messaging apps WeChat and Viber.
- On February 13, 2014, Rakuten announced the acquisition of Tel Aviv-based web messaging company Viber Media for $905 million, to link up messaging with e-commerce.
- Mobile messaging applications such as WhatsApp and Viber were blocked by Gambian authorities in the period before the election, and during the election, internet access and international phone calls were also blocked.
- WhatsApp and Viber are popular IMS applications that also offer audio calls, however, both of them do not offer conferencing option.
- It also includes the recently developed applications such as viber, hike etc. In 2010, Facebook announced a new Facebook Messages service, which allowed users to send personal messages to each other via the Facebook site.
- Rakuten plans to integrate R Games into its messaging app Viber.
- Rakuten's app Viber will also be the club's official communication channel.
- In this way, Viber, a subsidiary of official tour sponsor Rakuten, carried out a poll for them to help her pick out some tracks.
- In May 2016, Viber said that their encryption protocol is a custom implementation that "uses the same concepts" as the Signal Protocol.
- She showed to the committee members the two Viber messages sent on October 1 by De Lima, whom she called "Tita Lei" (Aunt Lei), which she saved in her smartphone.
- The Poe's campaign team also officially released a collection of special stickers for Viber messaging app on smartphones.
- Israeli scientists contributed many inventions and discoveries in a variety of fields including Joram Lindenstrauss (Johnson–Lindenstrauss lemma); Abraham Fraenkel (Zermelo–Fraenkel set theory); Shimshon Amitsur(Amitsur–Levitzki theorem); Saharon Shelah (Sauer–Shelah lemma); Elon Lindenstrauss (Ergodic theory); Nathan Rosen (Wormhole); Yuval Ne'eman (prediction of Quarks); Yakir Aharonov and David Bohm (Aharonov–Bohm effect); Jacob Bekenstein (formulation of Black holes Entropy); Dan Shechtman (discovery of quasicrystals); Avram Hershko and Aaron Ciechanover (discovery of the role of protein Ubiquitin); Arieh Warshel and Michael Levitt (development of multiscale models for complex chemical systems); Ariel Rubinstein (Rubinstein bargaining model); Abraham Fraenkel (Zermelo–Fraenkel set theory); Moussa B.H. Youdim (Rasagiline); Robert Aumann (Game theory); Michael O. Rabin (Nondeterministic finite automaton); Amir Pnueli (Temporal logic); Judea Pearl (artificial intelligence); Shafi Goldwasser (Blum–Goldwasser cryptosystem); Asher Peres (Quantum information); Adi Shamir (RSA, Differential cryptanalysis, Shamir's Secret Sharing); Yaakov Ziv and Abraham Lempel (Lempel–Ziv–Welch); Notable inventions include ReWalk, Given Imaging, Eshkol-Wachman movement notation, Taliglucerase alfa, USB flash drive, Intel 8088, Projection keyboard, TDMoIP, Mobileye, Waze, Wix.com, Gett, Viber, Uzi, Iron Dome, Arrow missile, Super-iron battery, Epilator.
- Its major acquisitions include Buy.com (now Rakuten.com in the US), PriceMinister (France, now Rakuten.fr ), Ikeda (now Rakuten Brasil), Tradoria (now Rakuten Deutschland), Play.com (now Rakuten.co.uk in the UK), Wuaki.tv (now Rakuten TV in Spain), Kobo Inc. (now Rakuten Kobo in Canada), Viber (now Rakuten Viber), Ebates, Viki (now Rakuten Viki), OverDrive, Inc. (now Rakuten OverDrive), Slice (now Rakuten Slice) and The Grommet.
- In 2010, Mikitani changed Rakuten's focus, as the company began expanding outside Japan, with acquisitions of overseas e-commerce sites including Buy.com of the US (now Rakuten.com), PriceMinister of France, and continuing with companies including Canadian e-book service Kobo (now Rakuten Kobo), US cashback site Ebates, and Cyprus-based messaging app Viber (now Rakuten Viber), and minority stakes in online scrapbooking site Pinterest and ride-hailing app Lyft (where Mikitani serves as a board member).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Viber