Official posts similar to or like Vice President of the United States
Second-highest officer in the executive branch of the U.S. federal government, after the president of the United States, and ranks first in the presidential line of succession. Wikipedia
The Executive Office of the President (EOP) comprises the offices and agencies that support the work of the president at the center of the executive branch of the United States federal government. The EOP consists of several offices and agencies, such as the White House Office (the staff working directly for and reporting to the president, including West Wing staff and the president's closest advisers), the National Security Council, and the Office of Management and Budget. Wikipedia
Body consisting of the vice president of the United States and the heads of federal executive departments of the executive branch of the federal government of the United States which is regarded as the principal advisory body to the president of the United States. Not formally a member of the Cabinet. Wikipedia
Indirect election in which citizens of the United States who are registered to vote in one of the fifty U.S. states or in Washington, D.C., cast ballots not directly for those offices, but instead for members of the Electoral College. These electors then cast direct votes, known as electoral votes, for president, and for vice president. Wikipedia
National government of the United States, a federal republic in North America, composed of 50 states, a federal district, five major self-governing territories and several island possessions. Composed of three distinct branches: legislative, executive, and judicial, whose powers are vested by the U.S. Constitution in the Congress, the president and the federal courts, respectively. Wikipedia
Members of the Cabinet of the United States in the Biden administration will assume office after the inauguration of President Joe Biden on January 20, 2021, and after confirmation by the United States Senate. In addition to the 15 heads of executive departments, there will be nine Cabinet-level officials, with three positions being elevated to Cabinet-level, and one position being dropped. Wikipedia
Sentences forVice President of the United States
- Former U.S. senator Kamala Harris, a native, former district attorney from San Francisco, former attorney general of California, resigned on January 18, 2021 to assume her role as the current Vice President of the United States.
- If no candidate receives a majority of electors for vice president, the duty falls to the Senate to elect one of the top two recipients of electors for that office.
- Roosevelt's plan to convince Hoover to run for the Democratic nomination fell through after Hoover publicly declared himself to be a Republican, but Roosevelt nonetheless decided to seek the 1920 vice presidential nomination.
- This 17-member board meets at least four times a year and includes as ex officio members the chief justice of the United States and the vice president of the United States.
- The Senate president and presiding officer is the Vice President of the United States by virtue of that office.
- After winning the Democratic nomination, she ran in the general election with Virginia senator Tim Kaine as her running mate.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Vice President of the United States