Historical eras similar to or like Victorian era
The period of Queen Victoria's reign, from 20 June 1837 until her death on 22 January 1901. Wikipedia
The British Isles have witnessed intermittent periods of competition and cooperation between the people that occupy the various parts of Great Britain, the Isle of Man, Ireland, the Bailiwick of Guernsey, the Bailiwick of Jersey and the smaller adjacent islands. Today, the British Isles contain two sovereign states: the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom. Wikipedia
Sentences forVictorian era
- It was seen by many in Britain as signalling the end of an era of stability stretching back to the Victorian period, and across Europe many regarded it as a watershed.
- London became the largest and most populous metropolitan area in the world during the Victorian era, and trade within the British Empire – as well as the standing of the British military and navy – was prestigious.
- They remained tied to the strictures of their religion, caste, and customs, but now with an overlay of British Victorian attitudes.
- Both were built in the Victorian era and are of considerable heritage significance as major landmarks of the city.
- Manchester became known as the world's largest marketplace for cotton goods and was dubbed "Cottonopolis" and "Warehouse City" during the Victorian era.
- During the Victorian era, the population of Birmingham grew rapidly to well over half a million and Birmingham became the second largest population centre in England.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Victorian era