Topics similar to or like Village
Clustered human settlement or community, larger than a hamlet but smaller than a town , with a population typically ranging from a few hundred to a few thousand. Wikipedia
There were more than a thousand British narrow-gauge railways ranging from large, historically significant common carriers to small, short-lived industrial railways. Many notable events in British railway history happened on narrow-gauge railways including the first use of steam locomotives, the first public railway and the first preserved railway. Wikipedia
Typically defined as a group of two or more roughly adjacent metropolitan areas, which may be somewhat separated or may merge into a continuous urban region. The megalopolis concept became highly influential as it introduced a new, larger scale in thinking about urban patterns and urban growth. Wikipedia
Focused on English-language literature rather than the literature of England, so that it includes writers from Scotland, Wales, the Crown dependencies, and the whole of Ireland, as well as literature in English from countries of the former British Empire, including the United States. However, until the early 19th century, it only deals with the literature of the United Kingdom, the Crown dependencies and Ireland. Wikipedia
Phenomenon and theory which refers to the historical shift from high birth rates and high infant death rates in societies with minimal technology, education and economic development, to low birth rates and low death rates in societies with advanced technology, education and economic development, as well as the stages between these two scenarios. Although this shift has occurred in many industrialized countries, the theory and model are frequently imprecise when applied to individual countries due to specific social, political and economic factors affecting particular populations. Wikipedia
Large city or conurbation which is a significant economic, political, and cultural center for a country or region, and an important hub for regional or international connections, commerce, and communications. Ancient Greek and means the "mother city" of a colony (in the ancient sense), that is, the city which sent out settlers. Wikipedia
The history of Africa begins with the emergence of hominids, archaic humans and—at least 200,000 years ago—anatomically modern humans (Homo sapiens), in East Africa, and continues unbroken into the present as a patchwork of diverse and politically developing nation states. The earliest known recorded history arose in Ancient Egypt, and later in Nubia, the Sahel, the Maghreb and the Horn of Africa. Wikipedia
- Rural populated areas (сільський населений пункт) can be either a village (село, selo) or a rural settlement (селище).
- The festival reflects the growth of Silay; from a lowly pueblo to a city that can hold its own among the country's best.
- Near the mouth of the Pinega, the river splits into several channels, among which is the ancient selo of Kholmogory 75 km southeast of Arkhangelsk.
- Rural individual settlements are by and large referred to as selo (village; pl. sela).
- The Fominskoye village was first mentioned in chronicles in 1339, while it was under the rule of Ivan Kalita.
- The Village Development Committee (VDC) was the previous governing body of villages in Nepal.
- The temple has a cover structure composed of models depicting the lives of Chinese villagers.
- Although some municipalities in Texas refer to themselves as "towns" or "villages", these names have no specific designation in law.
- On 12 July 1929 Yemelyanovsky District, with the center in the selo of Yemelyanovo was created as well.
- On August 1, 1927 Bologovsky District with the administrative center located in the selo of Bologovo was established as well.
- On August 1, 1927 Osminsky District with the administrative center in the selo of Osmino was established as well.
- Panchayati Raj (Council of five officials) is the system of local self-government of villages in rural India as opposed to urban and suburban municipalities.
- The Village of Northbrook adopted a council-manager form of government after a 1953 referendum.
- Effective October 1, 1927 the town of Demyansk was made a selo.
- Mulshi consisted of Pune Metropolitan Region & Villages.
- In 1951, the selo of Bely Gorodok was granted urban-settlement status.
- On July 12, 1929 Goritsky District with the administrative center in the selo of Goritsy was created as well.
- The first settlement in the area, the selo of Dresna, was mentioned in chronicles under 1136; the selo of Kasplya was mentioned under 1150.
- On August 1, 1927 Ilyinsky District with the administrative center located in the selo of Ilyino was established as well.
- It is composed of 6 municipalities and 11 villages, for a total of 17 settlements.
- Sheriff's offices may primarily patrol areas of their county without municipal police services; however, they are free to patrol anywhere in their county, including cities, villages and charter townships that have their own police services.
- On August 1, 1927, the uyezds were abolished, and Oktyabrsky District was established, with the administrative center in the selo of Staraya Toropa.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Village