Chess players similar to or like Viswanathan Anand
Indian chess grandmaster and former world chess champion. Wikipedia
Norwegian chess grandmaster who is the current World Chess Champion, World Rapid Chess Champion, and World Blitz Chess Champion. Carlsen first reached the top of the FIDE world rankings in 2010, and trails only Garry Kasparov in time spent as the highest rated player in the world. Wikipedia
Chess tournament organized by FIDE, chess's international governing body, since 1950, as the final contest to determine the challenger for the World Chess Championship. The winner of the Candidates earns the right to a match for the World Championship against the incumbent World Champion. Wikipedia
Russian chess grandmaster and an eight-time Russian Chess Champion who now frequently commentates on chess. Svidler has competed in three World Championship tournaments: in the period with split title the FIDE World Chess Championship 2002 and 2005, and after reunification the World Chess Championship 2007. Wikipedia
Sentences forViswanathan Anand
- In 1992 Viswanathan Anand was only the 8th player in chess history to reach the 2700 mark at that point of time.
- In January 2009, reigning world champion Viswanathan Anand described him as "the greatest chess player who ever lived".
- He only lost the World Chess Championship 2012 to reigning world champion Anand after a speed-chess tie breaker.
- In 1995, during Kasparov's world title match with Viswanathan Anand, he unveiled an opening novelty that had been checked with a chess engine, an approach that would become increasingly common in subsequent years.
- In September 2007, he lost the title to Viswanathan Anand of India, who won the championship tournament in Mexico City.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Viswanathan Anand