Television stations similar to or like WCVB-TV
ABC-affiliated television station licensed to Boston, Massachusetts, United States. Wikipedia
ABC-affiliated television station licensed to Poland Spring, Maine, United States and serving the Portland, Maine television market, including southern Maine and eastern and northern New Hampshire. Owned by the Hearst Television subsidiary of New York City-based Hearst Communications, as part of a duopoly with Portland-licensed CW/MyNetworkTV affiliate WPXT . Wikipedia
CW+-affiliated television station licensed to Montpelier, Vermont, United States, serving Northern Vermont's Champlain Valley (including Burlington) and Upstate New York's North Country (including Plattsburgh). Owned by the Hearst Television subsidiary of New York City-based Hearst Communications, as part of a duopoly with Plattsburgh-licensed NBC affiliate WPTZ . Wikipedia
Univision-owned television station serving Boston, Massachusetts, United States that is licensed to Marlborough. Owned by the Univision Local Media subsidiary of Univision Communications, as part of a duopoly with Derry, New Hampshire-licensed True Crime Network affiliate WWJE-DT ; Entravision Communications, which owns Worcester, Massachusetts-licensed UniMás affiliate WUTF-TV (channel 27), operates WUNI under a joint sales agreement (JSA). Wikipedia
ABC-affiliated television station licensed to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. It has been owned by the Hearst Television subsidiary of New York City-based Hearst Communications since the station's inception, making this one of two stations that have been built and signed on by Hearst (the other being WBAL-TV in Baltimore). Wikipedia
Telemundo owned-and-operated television station serving Boston, Massachusetts and Manchester, New Hampshire, United States that is licensed to Merrimack, New Hampshire. Sister to Nashua, New Hampshire-licensed Class A NBC owned-and-operated station WBTS-CD (channel 15, formerly WYCN-CD), which shares spectrum with Boston-based PBS member station WGBX-TV (channel 44) to provide full-market coverage. Wikipedia
True Crime Network-affiliated television station serving Boston, Massachusetts, United States that is licensed to Derry, New Hampshire. Owned by the Univision Local Media subsidiary of Univision Communications, as part of a duopoly with Marlborough, Massachusetts-licensed Univision-owned station WUNI . Wikipedia
ABC/Fox/MyNetworkTV-affiliated television station licensed to Springfield, Massachusetts, United States, serving the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts. Owned by the Meredith Local Media subsidiary of Des Moines, Iowa-based Meredith Corporation and is sister to low-powered CBS affiliate WSHM-LD (channel 3.5). Wikipedia
CW-affiliated television station licensed to Portland, Maine, United States, serving southern Maine and eastern and northern New Hampshire. Owned by the Hearst Television subsidiary of New York City-based Hearst Communications, as part of a duopoly with Poland Spring-licensed ABC affiliate WMTW . Wikipedia
UniMás-affiliated television station serving Boston, Massachusetts, United States that is licensed to Worcester. Owned by Entravision Communications, which also operates Marlborough-licensed Univision-owned station WUNI under a joint sales agreement (JSA) with the Univision Local Media subsidiary of Univision Communications. Wikipedia
ABC-affiliated television station licensed to Battle Creek, Michigan, United States and serving the Grand Rapids–Kalamazoo–Battle Creek television market. Owned by Nexstar Media Group, as part of a duopoly with Grand Rapids-licensed NBC affiliate WOOD-TV ; it is also sister to Grand Rapids-licensed Class A MyNetworkTV affiliate WXSP-CD (channel 15). Wikipedia
Class A NBC owned-and-operated television station serving Boston, Massachusetts, United States that is licensed to Nashua, New Hampshire. Sister to Merrimack, New Hampshire-licensed Telemundo owned-and-operated station WNEU (channel 60), as well as regional cable news channel New England Cable News (NECN) and regional sports network NBC Sports Boston. Wikipedia
- In 1982, Metromedia made its biggest broadcasting purchase when it acquired WCVB-TV in Boston for $220 million, which at the time was the largest amount ever spent on a single television station property.
- NETV's mission from the start was to allocate programming hours to innovative, in-house productions, in much the same way that Boston Broadcasters did when it launched WCVB-TV on channel 5 ten years earlier.
- In the process of screening the Cleveland morning program as a creative source, ABC also began looking at another local show, Good Morning!, which was produced by Boston ABC affiliate WCVB-TV.
- The tower site is now known as the CBS Digital Television Broadcasting Facility, and is used by several Boston-area television stations, including WGBH-TV (channel 2) and WCVB-TV (channel 5).
- Preseason games were broadcast on ABC affiliate WCVB-TV from 1995 until the change to WBZ in 2009 (WCVB continues to simulcast ESPN's Monday Night Football games featuring the Patriots).
- Complaints were subsequently brought to WCVB-TV Channel 5 investigative reporter Susan Wornick and the story ran repeatedly in spring and fall 2009 prompting the NHTSA to begin an investigation.
- Herald-Traveler Corp. fought the decision in court—by this time, revenues from channel 5 were all but keeping the newspaper afloat—but its final appeal ran out in 1972, and on March 19 WHDH-TV was forced to surrender channel 5 to the new WCVB-TV.
- Kerry also worked as a commentator for WCVB-TV and co-founded a bakery, Kilvert & Forbes Ltd., with businessman and former Kennedy aide K. Dun Gifford.
- At one time, Citytv's Toronto flagship CITY-TV produced more local programs than any other television station in Canada, and more local programming than any other station in North America other than Boston's WCVB-TV.
- Local cable operators up until Charter had carried WCVB-TV (ABC 5 Boston) and WWLP (NBC 22 Springfield) on the system, but they were dropped in March 2017.
- NFL Network was originally scheduled to air the game as part of their Saturday Night Football coverage, with WCVB and WWOR carrying the game locally in Boston and New York.
- In Boston, the local ABC affiliate (WCVB-TV) initially refused to air the show.
- In 1990, among securing the rights to several new, high-profile rerun syndication packages, WFXT managed to buy rights to The Cosby Show, reruns of which had been airing on WCVB-TV (channel 5) for the past two years.
- The station used a satellite truck for a network programming downlink and studio space at WCVB-TV (channel 5)'s facilities in Needham for its 10 p.m. newscast.
- As part of the renewal, Hearst also signed agreements to add the network as digital subchannels of WBAL-TV and four other Hearst stations in Sacramento, Boston, Oklahoma City and Greensboro.
- The format was lifted from Boston sister station WCVB-TV, where their Chronicle has been on the air since 1982, albeit in the form of a weeknight, half-hour news-magazine.
- Thinking that one national show that he fully owned would be more profitable for his company, Harmon produced 130 of his own half-hour shows from 1965 to 1967 titled Bozo's Big Top which aired on Boston's WHDH-TV (now WCVB-TV) with Boston's Bozo, Frank Avruch, for syndication in 1966.
- Milwaukee Public Television assisted WISN-TV in the production of the broadcast, and have continued to do so each year since, with additional help from sister stations in Sacramento and Boston in later years.
- As part of the renewal, Hearst also signed agreements to add the network as digital subchannels of KCRA and four other Hearst stations in Boston, Baltimore, Oklahoma City and Greensboro.
- In late 1997, Argyle merged with Hearst Broadcasting, owner of ABC affiliate WCVB-TV in Boston.
- His other projects include hosting radio talk shows about sports, serving as a part-time TV announcer for the New York Mets in 1991, and working as the play-by-play announcer for New England Patriots pre-season telecasts on WCVB-TV, Boston">Boston from 1995 to 2008 and for WBZ-TV, Boston from 2009 to 2012.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: WCVB-TV