Radio stations similar to or like WHAS (AM)
Radio station owned by iHeartMedia, Inc. and licensed to Louisville, Kentucky. Wikipedia
Sentences forWHAS (AM)
- Boyles' former slot was filled starting on August 19 when Mandy Connell moved from fellow iHeartMedia (then Clear Channel) station WHAS in Louisville.
- On May 16, 1925, the first live radio broadcast of the Kentucky Derby aired on WHAS as well as on WGN in Chicago.
- A handful of powerhouse radio stations, including WLW Cincinnati and WHAS Louisville, quickly switched to non-stop news coverage, transmitting commercial-free for weeks.
- A second sister FM station was established on April 20, 1947 on the newer FM band when WCJT started at 99.7 FM as the sister station to WHAS 840.
- Bill Francis (formerly of WLKY) and Susan Sweeney (formerly with radio station WHAS (840 AM)) joined the staff as anchors of the weekend newscasts; Tara Bassett (who had previously worked at WAVE) was the weekend weather anchor.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: WHAS (AM)