Stations similar to or like Wakefield Kirkgate railway station
Railway station in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England. Wikipedia
Sentences forWakefield Kirkgate railway station
- Seeing potential in expanding eastwards, especially in connecting directly to an east coast port, the M&LR sponsored the promotion of a line from its Wakefield station.
- From 1 July 1887 some GNR passenger trains were diverted over the line to make a station call at Westgate Kirkgate, to transfer traffic with the L&YR.
- During 1856, shortly after the spur line from Wakefield's first station, Wakefield Kirkgate was built, the first Westgate station opened.
- The railways arrived in Wakefield in 1840 when Kirkgate station was built on the Manchester and Leeds Railway.
- Ravensthorpe station is situated just north-east of Thornhill LNW (London North Western) Junction, where a line branches to Wakefield Kirkgate.
- The station was constructed by the Wakefield, Pontefract & Goole Railway as part of their main line from Wakefield to Goole, which opened in April 1848.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Wakefield Kirkgate railway station