Software similar to or like WeChat
Chinese multi-purpose messaging, social media and mobile payment app developed by Tencent. Wikipedia
Comparison of user features of messaging platforms refers to a comparison of all the various user features of various electronic instant messaging platforms. this includes a wide variety of resources; it includes standalone apps, platforms within websites, computer software, and various internal functions available on specific devices, such as iMessage for iPhones. Wikipedia
American freeware, cross-platform centralized messaging and voice-over-IP service owned by Facebook, Inc. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other content. Also accessible from desktop computers, as long as the user's mobile device remains connected to the Internet while they use the desktop app. Wikipedia
American multimedia messaging app developed by Snap Inc., originally Snapchat Inc. One of the principal features of Snapchat is that pictures and messages are usually only available for a short time before they become inaccessible to their recipients. The app has evolved from originally focusing on person-to-person photo sharing to presently featuring users' "Stories" of 24 hours of chronological content, along with "Discover," letting brands show ad-supported short-form content. Wikipedia
Freeware instant messaging mobile app from the Canadian company Kik Interactive, available free of charge on iOS and Android operating systems. It uses a smartphone's data plan or Wi-Fi to transmit and receive messages, photos, videos, sketches, mobile web pages, and other content after users register a username. Wikipedia
American messaging app and platform developed by Facebook, Inc. Originally developed as Facebook Chat in 2008, the company revamped its messaging service in 2010, and subsequently released standalone iOS and Android apps in August 2011 and standalone Facebook Portal hardware for Messenger-based calling in Q4 2018. Later on, Facebook has launched a dedicated website interface (Messenger.com), and separated the messaging functionality from the main Facebook app, allowing users to use the web interface or download one of the standalone apps. Wikipedia
Personal financial management mobile app developed in Argentina linked to a Mastercard prepaid card that allows users to conduct financial transactions, such as, transferring money and making payments and purchases, both in Argentina and abroad. Developed and launched in Argentina, where mobile phone penetration is at 92% and banking penetration is at 50%. Wikipedia
American online social media and social networking service based in Menlo Park, California, and a flagship service of the namesake company Facebook, Inc. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes. The founders of Facebook initially limited membership to Harvard students. Wikipedia
- In addition, Tencent will help localize various titles, and help implement the Nintendo Switch Online service within the country, integrating its offerings with the WeChat payment systems.
- Many bloggers stopped writing about controversial topics, and Weibo went into decline, with much of its readership shifting to WeChat users speaking to very limited social circles.
- The company launched the Western Union Connect service in October 2015, following partnership agreements with major instant messaging apps WeChat and Viber.
- A security firm later published lists of infected apps, including a China-only version of Angry Birds 2, CamCard, Lifesmart, TinyDeal.com, and WeChat.
- Trump also signed a similar order against the WeChat application owned by the Chinese multinational company Tencent.
- At the same time, Tencent introduced its mini-programs feature that allows smartphone users to access mobile apps across the globe on WeChat without downloading them.
- Tencent's WeChat platform has been accused of blocking TikTok videos and the censorship of politically sensitive content.
- The location-based networking features of mobile applications such as China's WeChat have also created de facto online diaspora communities when used outside of their home markets.
- WeChat is a social mobile application with voice and text messaging, timeline.
- In accordance to this agreement, JD.com would receive exclusive access to Tencent's WeChat and MobileQQ platforms.
- In a "direct challenge to Chinese search engine Baidu," in May 2017 Tencent entered news feed and search functions for its WeChat app, which the Financial Times reported was used by 770 million people at the time.
- Tencent's WeChat platform has been accused of blocking Douyin's videos.
- Orders can be made in the stores and on the company website, via app, and through the messaging app WeChat.
- However, the Mainland China version of the Nintendo Switch can only log in with a WeChat account, and the account can only be funded via WeChat Pay.
- According to a BBC news report, the decreasing number of users since 2014 can be attributed both to the crackdown by the Chinese government on the use of aliases to create accounts and to the rising threat from competitor WeChat.
- On 5 November, Hong Kong police opened a tip-off line for email, SMS as well as the mainland-based messaging platform WeChat, in order to allow members of the public to "provide or report national security related information", as per the police website.
- On 21 January 2011, Tencent launched Weixin (微信), a social media app.
- The US government announced banning TikTok and WeChat from the States over national security concerns.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: WeChat