Ethnic groups similar to or like Welsh people
The Welsh (Cymry) are a Celtic nation and ethnic group native to Wales. Wikipedia
The Cornish people or Cornish (Kernowyon, Cornwīelisc) are a Celtic ethnic group and nation native to, or associated with Cornwall and a recognised national minority in the United Kingdom, which can trace its roots to the ancient Britons who inhabited southern and central Great Britain before the Roman conquest. Many in Cornwall today continue to assert a distinct identity separate from or in addition to English or British identities. Wikipedia
Cultural region and collection of geographical territories in Western Europe and the North Atlantic where Celtic languages and/or cultural traits have survived. Used in its original sense to mean a people who share a common identity and culture and are identified with a traditional territory. Wikipedia
White people in the United Kingdom are a racial and multi-ethnic group of UK residents who identify as and are perceived to be white people. White people constitute the historical and current majority of the people living in the United Kingdom, with 87.2% of the population identifying as white in the 2011 United Kingdom census. Wikipedia
Sentences forWelsh people
- The Irish surname "Walsh" (in Irish Breathnach) was routinely given to settlers of Welsh origin, who had come during and after the Norman invasion.
- The translation had a significant impact upon the Welsh population and helped to firmly establish Protestantism among the Welsh people.
- The city is also known for its large Irish population and its historically large Welsh population.
- It is sometimes claimed that the 2001 census revealed that two-thirds of the population of Wales described themselves as of Welsh nationality.
- Welsh people could be the oldest ethnic group in the UK.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Welsh people