Venues similar to or like Wembley Stadium (1923)
Stadium in Wembley, London, best known for hosting important football matches. Wikipedia
Multi-purpose outdoor stadium at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in the Stratford district of London. Constructed specifically for the 2012 Summer Olympics and 2012 Summer Paralympics, serving as the track-and-field venue, and as the site of their opening and closing ceremonies. Wikipedia
Sentences forWembley Stadium (1923)
- The original Wembley Stadium was also used seven times for semi-final, between 1991 and 2000 (the last held there), but not always for fixtures featuring London teams.
- Prior to rebuilding, the final was hosted by the original Wembley Stadium since it opened in 1923 (being originally named the Empire Stadium).
- The 1923 FA Cup Final, commonly known as the "White Horse Final", was the first final to be played in the newly opened Wembley Stadium (known at the time as the Empire Stadium).
- The 1948 Summer Olympics were held at the original Wembley Stadium, at a time when London was still recovering from the war.
- Villa reached the FA Cup final in 2000 but lost 1–0 to Chelsea in the last game to be played at the old Wembley Stadium.
- The 504,000 people who attended seven sold-out shows at Wembley Stadium set a new Guinness World Record.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Wembley Stadium (1923)