Ethnic groups similar to or like West Indian Americans
West Indian Americans or Caribbean Americans are Americans who can trace their ancestry to the Caribbean, unless they are of native descent. Wikipedia
Afro-Caribbean people or African-Caribbean people are Caribbean people who trace their full or partial ancestry to Africa. The majority of the modern Afro-Caribbeans descend from Africans taken as slaves to colonial Caribbean via the trans-Atlantic slave trade between the 15th and 19th centuries to work primarily on various sugar plantations and in domestic households. Wikipedia
Region of the Americas that comprises the Caribbean Sea, its surrounding coasts, and its islands (some of which lie within the Caribbean Sea and some of which lie on the edge of the Caribbean Sea where it borders the North Atlantic Ocean). The region lies southeast of the Gulf of Mexico and of the North American mainland, east of Central America, and north of South America. Wikipedia
Ethnic group of Caribbean Americans of full or partial Trinidadian or Tobagonian ancestry or immigrants born in Trinidad and Tobago. The largest proportion of Trinidadians lives in New York City, with other large communities located in eastern Long Island, New Jersey and South Florida; other locations are Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Massachusetts. Wikipedia
Pacific Islander Americans (also known as Oceanian Americans) are Americans who are of Pacific Islander ancestry (or are descendants of the indigenous peoples of Oceania or of Austronesian descent). For its purposes, the United States Census also counts Indigenous Australians as part of this group. Wikipedia
Sentences forWest Indian Americans
- Stateside Puerto Ricans are also the largest Caribbean-origin group in the country, representing over one-third of people with origins in the geographic Caribbean region.
- Caribbean-American and African-American residents of the neighborhood rioted for four consecutive days fueled by rumors that the private ambulance had refused to treat Cato.
- West Philadelphia and Southwest Philadelphia are also home to various significant Afro-Caribbean and African immigrant communities.
- Like Stateside Virgin Islands Americans, Stateside Puerto Ricans are West Indian Americans who hold US citizenship and who have migrated to the US proper, and their descendants.
- Since becoming black-owned the station has broadcast political, Afrocentric, and health-centered programming aimed at New York's Caribbean American community.
- The northern side of Miami includes Midtown, a district with a great mix of diversity ranging from West Indians to Hispanics to European Americans.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: West Indian Americans