Topics similar to or like Western Europe
Region of Europe farthest from Asia, with the countries and territories included varying depending on context. Wikipedia
The Western world, also known as the West, refers to various regions, nations and states, depending on the context, most often consisting of the majority of Europe, Northern America and Australasia. Also known as the Occident , in contrast to the Orient (from the Latin word oriens, "rise, East") or Eastern world. Wikipedia
The history of Europe concerns itself with the discovery and collection, the study, organization and presentation and the interpretation of past events and affairs of the people of Europe since the beginning of written records. During the Neolithic era and the time of the Indo-European migrations, Europe saw human inflows from east and southeast and subsequent important cultural and material exchange. Wikipedia
Western civilization traces its roots back to Europe and the Mediterranean. Linked to ancient Greece, the Roman Empire and with Medieval Western Christendom which emerged from the Middle Ages to experience such transformative episodes as the Renaissance, the Reformation, the Enlightenment, the Industrial Revolution, scientific revolution, and the development of liberal democracy. Wikipedia
Southern subregion of Europe. Most definitions of Southern Europe, also known as Mediterranean Europe, include countries and regions such as: Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, East Thrace, Gibraltar, Greece, Italy, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovenia, Southern France (and especially Corsica), Spain and Vatican City. Wikipedia
Sentences forWestern Europe
- Because of its location at the crossroads of Western Europe, Belgium has historically been the route of invading armies from its larger neighbors.
- Throughout the 1990s, people in their 20s from all over the world, particularly those in Western and Central Europe, made Berlin's club scene a premier nightlife venue.
- The Portuguese presence in the Indian Ocean was perceived as a threat to the Ottoman monopoly over the ancient trade routes between East Asia and Western Europe.
- Germany (Deutschland, ), officially the Federal Republic of Germany, is a country at the intersection of Central and Western Europe.
- Pepin's son, Charlemagne, reunited the Frankish kingdoms and built a vast empire across Western and Central Europe.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Western Europe