Software similar to or like WhatsApp
American freeware, cross-platform centralized messaging and voice-over-IP service owned by Facebook, Inc. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other content. Wikipedia
Cross-platform voice over IP and instant messaging (IM) software application operated by Japanese multinational company Rakuten, provided as freeware for the Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux platforms. Accessible on desktop platforms without needing mobile connectivity. Wikipedia
Cross-platform instant messaging and communication application that specializes in video calls and voice calls for smartphones. Users can also send each other text messages, emoticons, images, videos, voice messages, contacts, user location as well as create group chats, group video calls and conference calls. Wikipedia
American messaging app and platform developed by Facebook, Inc. Originally developed as Facebook Chat in 2008, the company revamped its messaging service in 2010, and subsequently released standalone iOS and Android apps in August 2011 and standalone Facebook Portal hardware for Messenger-based calling in Q4 2018. Later on, Facebook has launched a dedicated website interface (Messenger.com), and separated the messaging functionality from the main Facebook app, allowing users to use the web interface or download one of the standalone apps. Wikipedia
- The event also featured plans for improving groups, a dating platform, end-to-end encryption on its platforms, and allowing users on Messenger to communicate directly with WhatsApp and Instagram users.
- After publishing a story on 13 January 2017 claiming that WhatsApp had a "backdoor [that] allows snooping on messages", more than 70 professional cryptographers signed on to an open letter calling for The Guardian to retract the article.
- This allowed Facebook to monitor its competitors' performance, and motivated Facebook to acquire WhatsApp in 2014.
- In November 2014, the FreeBSD Foundation received US$1 million donation from Jan Koum, Co-Founder and CEO of WhatsApp – the largest single donation to the Foundation since its inception.
- There are various social media news groups in Port Elizabeth, which is used at most as neighbourhood watch groups.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: WhatsApp