Songs similar to or like Why Me (Kris Kristofferson song)
American country and gospel song written and recorded by American country music singer and songwriter Kris Kristofferson. Wikipedia
Box set by country singer/songwriter Kris Kristofferson, released in 2016 on Columbia Records and Legacy Recordings. The set consists of 16 CDs, the majority of which are reissues of albums released by Kristofferson during his 1970-1984 tenure with Monument Records. Wikipedia
Best-of compilation album by Kris Kristofferson, released in 1977, after he had become more well known as a movie star than as a singer-songwriter. It includes tracks from his albums Kristofferson, The Silver Tongued Devil and I, Jesus Was a Capricorn, Who's to Bless and Who's to Blame and Surreal Thing. Wikipedia
Third album by Kris Kristofferson, released in 1972 on Monument Records. After enjoying enormous success as a songwriter in 1970 and 1971, including Song of the Year awards from both the Country Music Association and Academy of Country Music, Kristofferson’s second album, The Silver Tongued Devil and I, established him as a recording artist in his own right. Wikipedia
First album by Kris Kristofferson, released in April 1970 on Monument Records. Re-released under the title Me and Bobby McGee in 1971 immediately following the success of Janis Joplin's interpretation of that song and the success of Kristofferson's second album, The Silver Tongued Devil and I. Wikipedia
Second duet album by Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge, released in 1974 on Monument Records. One of three duet albums by the couple. Wikipedia
Album by Kris Kristofferson, released on Atlantic Records in 1999 . It features stripped-down versions of Kristofferson's most famous material, including "Me and Bobby McGee", "Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down" and "Help Me Make It Through the Night". Wikipedia
Duet album by Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge, released in September 1973 on A&M Records. First of three duet albums by the couple, who married weeks before the album's release, and arguably the best. Wikipedia
Sentences forWhy Me (Kris Kristofferson song)
- At the time Kristofferson was the bigger star, having just topped the country charts with the gospel song "Why Me," and topped the country album charts with its parent album Jesus Was a Capricorn.
- His duet album with wife Rita Coolidge topped the country albums chart, and his previous solo albums, Jesus Was a Capricorn, went gold, largely thanks to the surprise gospel smash "Why Me".
- Kristofferson's 1972 fourth album, Jesus Was a Capricorn, initially had slow sales, but the third single, "Why Me", was a success and significantly increased album sales.
- The sixth track "Why Me?" is the record's first cover.
- Conversely, his career as a recording artist seemed to be running out of steam as the decade wore on; he had not had a significant solo hit of his own since 1973’s "Why Me", and his most recent album, Surreal Thing, didn’t crack the Billboard 100.
- When the couple recorded their first duet album Full Moon in 1973, Kristofferson was the bigger recording star, having won several awards for his songwriting and scoring a massive hit with “Why Me” from his gold selling LP Jesus Was a Capricorn, while Coolidge was still developing as an artist.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Why Me (Kris Kristofferson song)