Buildings similar to or like Willard Straight Hall
Student union building on the central campus of Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. Wikipedia
Sentences forWillard Straight Hall
- After his death, his wife made a substantial donation to Cornell to build the school's first student union building, Willard Straight Hall, which was named in his honor.
- But the occupation of Willard Straight Hall by African American students, who eventually became armed, as well as some other physical and verbal threats made against university officials and faculty at the time, greatly dismayed him.
- Two days after the students left Willard Straight Hall, a Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) meeting became a "student takeover of Barton Hall" and the Barton Hall Community was formed.
- Six weeks after Willard Straight Hall was the site of a student protest garnering national attention, Ramin’s fundraising was twenty-three percent (23%) ahead of the 1968 campaign.
- Perkins served as president of Cornell from October 4, 1963, until his resignation on May 31, 1969, in the wake of the occupation of Willard Straight Hall by armed African American students.
- The Hart House model was influential in the planning of student centres at other universities, notably Cornell University's Willard Straight Hall.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Willard Straight Hall