Military people similar to or like William H. French
Career United States Army officer and a Union Army General in the American Civil War. Wikipedia
American military officer who served in the Mexican–American War and then was a colonel in the Union Army during the American Civil War. Nominated and confirmed for appointment to the grades of brevet brigadier general and major general in the Regular Army for valor in several battles, to rank from March 13, 1865. Wikipedia
Sentences forWilliam H. French
- Birney was in temporary command of the III Corps for a few days after Gettysburg, when the more senior General William H. French was named permanent commander.
- The corps then marched on the Maryland Campaign, during which time it received a new division of nine month troops headed by Brig. Gen William H. French.
- On July 14, the battered III Corps was strengthened by the addition of Maj. Gen William H. French's Harper's Ferry garrison.
- On the northern end of the battlefield, Brig. Gen. William H. French's division of the II Corps prepared to move forward, subjected to Confederate artillery fire that was descending on the fog-covered city of Fredericksburg.
- His commanding officer was Major William H. French.
- Thomas F. Meagher and William H. French arrived from the II Corps too late to help, other than as a rear guard for Porter's retreat.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: William H. French