Topics similar to or like William Odling
English chemist who contributed to the development of the periodic table. Wikipedia
Chemist who wrote a history of the periodic system of the chemical elements which is still considered a "classic book on the history of the periodic table". Reviewed by the ACS in 1958 as "the most complete survey of the range of human imagination in representing graphically the Mendeleev periodic law." Wikipedia
Sentences forWilliam Odling
- Concurrently, English chemist William Odling published an arrangement of 57 elements, ordered on the basis of their atomic weights.
- In 1912 he succeeded Professor William Odling as Waynflete Professor of Chemistry at Oxford University, England, a position he held until 1929.
- The president of the Society, William Odling, defended the Society's decision by saying that such 'theoretical' topics might be controversial; there was even harsher opposition from within the Society, suggesting the elements could have been just as well listed alphabetically.
- In 1881 Tidy was appointed by the London water companies, with William Odling and William Crookes, to examine the quality of the water supplied to the metropolis.
- Elizabeth Mary Smee (1843-1919) married William Odling and published a memoir of her father in 1878.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: William Odling