Scientists similar to or like William Penney, Baron Penney
English mathematician and professor of mathematical physics at the Imperial College London and later the rector of Imperial College. Wikipedia
American applied mathematician, and Professor of Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Physics in the Department of Mathematics at Imperial College London. He studied Physics at the University of Minnesota (1963-1967), and Physics and Mathematics at the University of Michigan (1967-1971). Wikipedia
Sentences forWilliam Penney, Baron Penney
- The US delegation was led by James Fisk, a member of PSAC, the Soviets by Evgenii Fedorov, and the British delegation by William Penney, who had led the British delegation to the Manhattan Project.
- When the new head of the UKAEA, William Penney, heard that the ICSE design was also based on the resistance-free assumption, he cancelled the project in August 1960.
- In 1952, the High Explosive Research project was renamed the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment (AWRE), with William Penney appointed as the first director.
- In 1954 work began at Aldermaston to develop the British fusion bomb, with Sir William Penney in charge of the project.
- In 1949, White joined the secret High Explosives Research (HER) project, which was tasked by Lord William Penney with producing Britain's first nuclear bomb.
- A board of inquiry met under the chairmanship of Sir William Penney from 17 to 25 October 1957.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: William Penney, Baron Penney