Topics similar to or like Women in music
Women in music describes the role of women as composers, songwriters, instrumental performers, singers, conductors, music scholars, music educators, music critics/music journalists and in other musical professions. Wikipedia
Art music produced or rooted in the traditions of Western culture, including both liturgical and secular music. Also used to refer to the period from 1750 to 1820 , this article is about the broad span of time from before the 6th century AD to the present day, which includes the Classical period and various other periods. Wikipedia
Women in music education describes the role of women musicians, conductors, teachers and educational administrators in music education at the elementary school and secondary education levels. Accepted that women would have a role in music education, and they became involved in this field "...to such a degree that women dominated music education during the later half of the 19th century and well into the 20th century." Wikipedia
Person who writes music, especially classical music in any form, including vocal music (for a singer or choir), instrumental music, electronic music, and music which combines multiple forms. A composer may create music in any music genre, including, for example, classical music, musical theatre, blues, folk music, jazz, and popular music. Wikipedia
Women in rock describes the role of women singers, instrumentalists, record producers and other music professionals in rock music and popular music and the many subgenres and hybrid genres that have emerged from these genres. Women have a high prominence in many popular music styles as singers. Wikipedia
Sentences forWomen in music
- In Western popular music, women musicians have achieved great success in singing and songwriting roles, however, there are relatively few women DJs or turntablists.
- The inclusion of women instrumentalists in grunge is notable, because professional women instrumentalists are uncommon in most rock genres.
- Musicologist Marcia Citron has asked "[w]hy is music composed by women so marginal to the standard 'classical' repertoire?"
- Robert Loss calls grunge a melding of "violence and speed, muscularity and melody", where there is space for all people, including women musicians.
- Poppy (despite being known for her pop music and performance art) is the first and only female solo artist to be nominated in the category, 30 years after the establishment of the category.
- Despite funk's popularity in modern music, few people have examined the work of funk women.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Women in music