Topics similar to or like Women in music
Women in music describes the role of women as composers, songwriters, instrumental performers, singers, conductors, music scholars, music educators, music critics/music journalists and in other musical professions. Wikipedia
Art music produced or rooted in the traditions of Western culture, including both liturgical and secular music. Also used to refer to the period from 1750 to 1820 , this article is about the broad span of time from before the 6th century AD to the present day, which includes the Classical period and various other periods. Wikipedia
Women in music education describes the role of women musicians, conductors, teachers and educational administrators in music education at the elementary school and secondary education levels. Accepted that women would have a role in music education, and they became involved in this field "...to such a degree that women dominated music education during the later half of the 19th century and well into the 20th century." Wikipedia
Person who writes music, especially classical music in any form, including vocal music (for a singer or choir), instrumental music, electronic music, and music which combines multiple forms. A composer may create music in any music genre, including, for example, classical music, musical theatre, blues, folk music, jazz, and popular music. Wikipedia
Women in rock describes the role of women singers, instrumentalists, record producers and other music professionals in rock music and popular music and the many subgenres and hybrid genres that have emerged from these genres. Women have a high prominence in many popular music styles as singers. Wikipedia
Handwritten or printed form of musical notation that uses musical symbols to indicate the pitches, rhythms, or chords of a song or instrumental musical piece. Paper , although the access to musical notation since the 1980s has included the presentation of musical notation on computer screens and the development of scorewriter computer programs that can notate a song or piece electronically, and, in some cases, "play back" the notated music using a synthesizer or virtual instruments. Wikipedia
Women in musicology describes the role of women professors, scholars and researchers in postsecondary education musicology departments at postsecondary education institutions, including universities, colleges and music conservatories. Traditionally, the vast majority of major musicologists and music historians have been men. Wikipedia
The music of Turkey includes mainly Turkic and Byzantine elements as well as partial influences ranging from Ottoman music, Middle Eastern music and Music of Southeastern Europe, as well as references to more modern European and American popular music. Country on the northeastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea, and is a crossroad of cultures from across Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, the Caucasus and South and Central Asia. Wikipedia
The music industry consists of the companies and independent artists that earn money by creating new songs and pieces and arranging live concerts and shows, audio and video recordings, compositions and sheet music, and the organizations and associations that aid and represent music creators. Among the many individuals and organizations that operate in the industry are: the songwriters and composers who create new songs and musical pieces; the singers, musicians, conductors and bandleaders who perform the music; the companies and professionals who create and sell recorded music and/or sheet music (e.g., music publishers, music producers, recording studios, engineers, record labels, retail and online music stores, performance rights organizations); and those that help organize and present live music performances (sound engineers, booking agents, promoters, music venues, road crew). Wikipedia
Indian playback singer and music composer, he sang songs with a music style influenced by Indian folk music and Sufi music. Inspired by the classical musicians Pandit Kumar Gandharva, Pandit Hridaynath Mangeshkar, Pandit Bhimsen Joshi, and the Qawwali singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Wikipedia
Women have made significant contributions to Latin music, a genre which predates Italian explorer Christopher Columbus' arrival in Latin America in 1492 and the Spanish colonization of the Americas. The earliest musicians were Native Americans, hundreds of ethnic groups across the continent, whose lyrics "reflect conflict, beauty, pain, and loss that mark all human experience." Wikipedia
American popular music has had a profound effect on music across the world. The country has seen the rise of popular styles that have had a significant influence on global culture, including ragtime, blues, jazz, swing, rock, bluegrass, country, R&B, doo wop, gospel, soul, funk, punk, disco, house, techno, salsa, grunge and hip hop. Wikipedia
International membership organization of women and men dedicated to fostering and encouraging the activities of women in music, particularly in the areas of musical activity, such as composing, performing, and research, in which gender discrimination is a historic and ongoing concern. In the U.S. the organization operates as a 501(c)3 non-profit. Wikipedia
Sentences forWomen in music
- In Western popular music, women musicians have achieved great success in singing and songwriting roles, however, there are relatively few women DJs or turntablists.
- The inclusion of women instrumentalists in grunge is notable, because professional women instrumentalists are uncommon in most rock genres.
- Musicologist Marcia Citron has asked "[w]hy is music composed by women so marginal to the standard 'classical' repertoire?"
- Robert Loss calls grunge a melding of "violence and speed, muscularity and melody", where there is space for all people, including women musicians.
- Poppy (despite being known for her pop music and performance art) is the first and only female solo artist to be nominated in the category, 30 years after the establishment of the category.
- Despite funk's popularity in modern music, few people have examined the work of funk women.
- About sexism in the music industry, she claims that it is harder for female musicians "to be taken seriously if you're not sat down at a piano or with a guitar" unlike male artists, who people think that "they write their own music and for women they assume it's all manufactured."
- Indeed, during the last third of the century, women performers began taking their place on the concert stage: an all-women string quartet led by Emily Shinner, and the Lucas quartet, also all women, were two notable examples.
- Women's music (or womyn's music or wimmin's music) is the music by women, for women, and about women.
- Music historians believe she, under the gender-neutral pseudonym E.B. Miriam, also composed marches.
- Starting in 2006 she was named to Billboards “Most Powerful  Women In Music” list for four consecutive years, ranking 3 in 2006, 3 in 2007, and 9 in 2008.
- While there are significant numbers of women vocalists singing in pop and rock music, many other aspects of pop and rock music are male-dominated, including record producing, instrument playing and music journalism.
- The Yukon Women In Music (YWIM) is a non-profit society that promotes Yukon-based women musicians founded in 1998.
- Women in rock describes the role of women singers, instrumentalists, record producers and other music professionals in rock music and popular music and the many subgenres and hybrid genres that have emerged from these genres.
- From 2006 until 2009 she was named to Billboards “Most Powerful  Women In Music” list, ranking 3 in 2006 and 2007.
- Women in music -
- When she began her career, it was very difficult for a female singer to receive any degree or measurable success as a stage artist in the male dominated environment of Punjabi music, however she was able to break through these barriers and gain considerable success.
- Flury has sparked controversy over comments that accepting women and/or people of color into the Vienna Philharmonic takes away from the musical tradition of the orchestra and that musicians outside of Europe do not have the same standards.
- This is a list of American female country singers.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Women in music