Films similar to or like Wonder Woman (2017 film)
2017 American superhero film based on the DC Comics character of the same name, produced by DC Films in association with RatPac Entertainment and Chinese company Tencent Pictures, and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Wikipedia
2017 American superhero film based on the DC Comics superhero team of the same name. Fifth installment in the DC Extended Universe and a follow-up to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, and was directed by Zack Snyder and written by Chris Terrio and Joss Whedon, based on a story by Terrio and Snyder. Wikipedia
2016 American superhero film based on the DC Comics supervillain team of the same name. Written and directed by David Ayer and stars an ensemble cast including Will Smith, Jared Leto, Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Jay Hernandez, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Scott Eastwood, Karen Fukuhara, Ike Barinholtz, and Cara Delevingne. Wikipedia
2017 computer-animated superhero comedy film produced by the Warner Animation Group and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Directed by Chris McKay in his directorial debut, and written by Seth Grahame-Smith, Chris McKenna, Erik Sommers, Jared Stern, and John Whittington, and produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, and Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Wikipedia
American media franchise and shared universe centered on a series of superhero films, produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment and distributed by Warner Home Video. The films are part of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies line, based on the comic books published by DC Comics, and feature plot elements inspired by The New 52 continuity. Wikipedia
2019 computer-animated adventure comedy film produced by the Warner Animation Group and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. Sequel to The Lego Movie , the fourth film in the franchise following the releases of 2017's The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie. Wikipedia
2009 American neo-noir superhero film based on the 1986–87 DC Comics limited series of the same name by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons. Ensemble cast featuring Malin Åkerman, Billy Crudup, Matthew Goode, Carla Gugino, Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and Patrick Wilson. Wikipedia
2010 American western superhero film based on the DC Comics character of the same name. Directed by Jimmy Hayward in his live-action debut, and written by Neveldine/Taylor, the film stars Josh Brolin in the title role, John Malkovich, Megan Fox, Michael Fassbender, Will Arnett, Michael Shannon and Wes Bentley. Wikipedia
Upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Venom, produced by Columbia Pictures in association with Marvel and Tencent Pictures. Intended to be the second film in the Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters and the sequel to Venom . Wikipedia
1992 American superhero film directed by Tim Burton and produced by Denise Di Novi and Burton, based on the DC Comics character Batman. Second installment of Warner Bros. initial Batman film series, and stars Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne / Batman, alongside Danny DeVito, Michelle Pfeiffer, Christopher Walken, Michael Gough, Pat Hingle and Michael Murphy. Wikipedia
The DC Universe Animated Original Movies (also known as DC Universe Original Movies or DC Universe Movies) are a series of American direct-to-video superhero animated films based on the DC Comics characters and stories produced primarily by Warner Bros. Animation. The films are usually stand-alone projects that are either adaptations of popular works or original stories. Wikipedia
1978 superhero film directed by Richard Donner, supervised by Alexander and Ilya Salkind and produced by their partner Pierre Spengler, and written by Mario Puzo, David Newman, Leslie Newman, and Robert Benton from a story by Puzo based on the DC Comics character of the same name. First installment in the Superman film series. Wikipedia
Sentences forWonder Woman (2017 film)
- That same summer, films like Wonder Woman and Spider-Man: Homecoming (both 92%) received high scores and opened at or exceeded expectations with their $100+ million trackings.
- Spider-Man was the highest-grossing superhero origin film, a record it held for 15 years until it was surpassed by Wonder Woman (2017).
- Joss Whedon, whose comic book "Gifted" was integrated into the script's plot, turned down the offer because he was working on a Wonder Woman film.
- DuVernay is the first woman of color to direct a live-action film with a budget of over $100 million, and the second woman to do so after Patty Jenkins (who directed Wonder Woman).
- Following the financial and critical success of Wonder Woman in June 2017, Johns stated that moving forward the films will focus on the heart, humor, hope, heroics, and optimism of the characters.
- October 21 is Wonder Woman Day, commemorating the release of her first appearance in All Star Comics #8 (with the exception of 2017 which held the day on June 3 to tie in with the release of the film of the same name).
- In May 2017, a survey from Fandango indicated that Homecoming was the second-most-anticipated summer blockbuster behind Wonder Woman.
- After the successful release of Wonder Woman (2017), DC Films decided to deemphasize the shared nature of its DC-based film franchise, the DC Extended Universe (DCEU).
- It was reported that Warner Bros. held a footage summit for writers that include Joss Whedon, Wonder Woman writer Allan Heinberg, Seth Grahame-Smith, and Andrea Berloff.
- The first three films were the most financially successful animated feature film for their years and the second is the second biggest worldwide box office success for a film directed solely by a woman (Jennifer Yuh Nelson), after Wonder Woman.
- After previously declining an offer to direct the first film, Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins noted she is open to directing a Justice League sequel.
- It made $13 million from Thursday night previews, up from the $11 million made by Wonder Woman the previous June.
- After the successful release of Wonder Woman (2017), DC Films decided to deemphasize the shared nature of the franchise.
- The prologue was shown at selected Wonder Woman IMAX screenings in July.
- Justice League was short-listed as a potential candidate for the 90th Academy Award for Best Visual Effects, along with another DCEU film, Wonder Woman.
- In 2017's Wonder Woman, she had the power of a god, but was still drawn to a much weaker, mortal male character.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Wonder Woman (2017 film)