Films similar to or like Woodstock (film)
1970 American documentary film of the watershed counterculture Woodstock Festival which took place in August 1969 near Bethel, New York. Wikipedia
The term Woodstock Nation refers specifically to the attendees of the original 1969 Woodstock Music and Arts Festival that took place from August 15–17 on the farm of Max Yasgur near Bethel, New York. It comes from the title of a book written later that year by Yippie activist Abbie Hoffman, describing his experiences at the festival. Wikipedia
American film director and cinematographer renowned for his groundbreaking documentary of the 1969 Woodstock Festival, Woodstock. A native of Akron, Ohio, Wadleigh entered films in his early twenties as a cinematographer on independently-produced low-budget films David Holtzman's Diary and I Call First (both 1967), and My Girlfriend's Wedding (1969). Wikipedia
Music festival held on a 600-acre dairy farm in the rural town of Bethel, New York, from August 15 to August 18, 1969. Thirty-two acts performed during the sometimes rainy weekend in front of nearly half a million concertgoers. Wikipedia
Sentences forWoodstock (film)
- The event, wherein 32 music acts performed in front of over 500,000 concert-goers, was captured in the documentary movie Woodstock (1970).
- The set was professionally recorded and filmed, and portions appear on the Woodstock film, The Old Grey Whistle Test and The Kids Are Alright.
- Immortalized in the 1970 documentary film, Woodstock, his guitar-driven version would become part of the sixties Zeitgeist.
- Their appearance at the festival and in the subsequent movie Woodstock, along with recording the Joni Mitchell song memorializing Woodstock, boosted the visibility of the quartet.
- The set included "Going Up the Country" which became the title track in the documentary, even though the band's performance was not shown.
- Their set was not included in the Woodstock film or soundtrack because John felt the band's performance was subpar.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Woodstock (film)