Why Aretha Franklin and Bob Dylan are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- Hammond's work for Columbia was interrupted by his service during World War II, and he had less involvement with the music scene during the bebop era, but when he returned to work as a talent scout for Columbia in the 1950s, his career proved to be of incalculable historical and cultural importance - the list of superstar artists he would discover and sign to Columbia over the course of his career included Charlie Christian, Count Basie, Teddy Wilson, Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen, Aretha Franklin, Bruce Springsteen and Stevie Ray Vaughan, and in the early 1960s Hammond would also exert an enormous cultural effect on the emerging rock music scene thanks to his championing of reissue LPs of the music of blues artists Robert Johnson and Bessie Smith.
- The roster of Golden Plate awardees who have participated in the summit include Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Larry Ellison, Jeff Bezos, George Lucas, Sally Ride, Rosa Parks, Coretta Scott King, John Lewis, Ronald Reagan, Barack Obama, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Jonas Salk, John Wayne, Elizabeth Taylor, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Michael Jordan, Mickey Mantle, Toni Morrison, Bob Dylan and Aretha Franklin.
- The world's most popular, famous or revered music artists of the 20th century include: Béla Bartók, Carl Orff, Benjamin Britten, Aaron Copland, George Gershwin, Ernesto Lecuona, Gustav Mahler, Sergei Prokofiev, Sergei Rachmaninoff, Maurice Ravel, Arnold Schoenberg, Dmitri Shostakovich, Igor Stravinsky, Richard Strauss, ABBA, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Harry Belafonte, Chuck Berry, James Brown, Cher, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Prince, Elton John, Led Zeppelin, Bee Gees, Madonna, Bob Marley, Black Sabbath, Metallica, The Smiths, Bon Jovi, Duran Duran, David Bowie, Nirvana, The Notorious B.I.G., Pink Floyd, Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, Tupac Shakur, Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, Stevie Wonder, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Parker, Robert Johnson, Amr Diab, Fairuz, Abdel Halim Hafez, Umm Kulthum, and many more.
- With the exception of a lengthy suite from Alan Silvestri's score, all the songs are previously released; the soundtrack includes songs from Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Aretha Franklin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Three Dog Night, the Byrds, the Beach Boys, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, the Doors, the Mamas & the Papas, the Doobie Brothers, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Seger, and Buffalo Springfield among others.
- International artists have included Umm Kulthum,Nana Mouskouri, Lola Beltran, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Grateful Dead, Sting, Roy Orbison, Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, Bob Dylan, John Denver, Joan Baez, Lili Ivanova, Billie Holiday, Nina Simone, The Nice, The Cure, Coldplay, Lindsey Stirling, Gloria Estefan, Lana Del Rey, Fally Ipupa, Tokio Hotel, Violetta Villas, The Beach Boys, Alla Pugacheva, The Beatles, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Judy Garland, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, Jimi Hendrix, Gary Moore, Sabah, Fairouz, Huda Haddad, Majida El Roumi, Najwa Karam, Tina Turner, Madonna, Ray Charles, Janet Jackson, Björk, Garbage, Tori Amos, Abdel Halim Hafez, Elissa, Free, The Jackson 5, Jorge Ben, Maysa, Liza Minnelli, Lara Fabian, Lluís Llach, Jethro Tull, Amália Rodrigues, Iggy Pop, Led Zeppelin, Linda de Suza, Josephine Baker, Celine Dion, Kelly Rowland Cher, Diana Ross & The Supremes, Nelly Furtado, Tony Carreira, Evanescence, Arctic Monkeys, James Brown and Ahlam, Tereza Kesovija, Oliver Dragojević, Midnight Oil, The Rolling Stones, coldrain, Il Volo, Ajda Pekkan, Bülent Ersoy, Beady Eye, Olivera Katarina, Mashrou' Leila, Norah Jones, Blondie, Monsta X, Aretha Franklin, The Pogues, Julio Iglesias, Bill Haley and His Comets, Taylor Swift, and Khaled.
- The band members have also performed and recorded (both individually and as a band) with a wide range of other artists including Air Supply, Gary U.S. Bonds, David Bowie, Tracy Chapman, Ray Davies, Dire Straits, Bob Dylan, Steve Earle, John Fogerty, Aretha Franklin, Peter Gabriel, The Grateful Dead, Emmylou Harris, Ian Hunter, Lady Gaga, Darlene Love, Paul McCartney, Meat Loaf, Tom Morello, Stevie Nicks, Lou Reed, The Rolling Stones, Santana, Bob Seger, Southside Johnny, Ronnie Spector, Ringo Starr, Sting, Bonnie Tyler, Lucinda Williams, and Neil Young.
- His credits as a session musician range from playing with Aldo Nova, George Benson, Blue Öyster Cult, Jon Bon Jovi, Michael Bolton, Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Billy Cobham, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Herbie Hancock, Ernie Isley, Billy Joel, Brent Bourgeois, Journey, Richard Marx, George Michael, Stevie Nicks, Imogen Heap, Bruce Springsteen, and Roger Waters to playing at the Grand Ole Opry with The Charlie Daniels Band.
- Among the performers whose music Ramone produced are Burt Bacharach, the Band, Bono, Laura Branigan, Ray Charles, Karen Carpenter, Chicago, Peter Cincotti, Natalie Cole, Celine Dion, Bob Dylan, Sheena Easton, Melissa Errico, Gloria Estefan, Aretha Franklin, the Guess Who, Heatwave, Billy Joel, Debbie Gibson, Elton John, Quincy Jones, Patricia Kaas, B.B. King, Julian Lennon, Shelby Lynne, Madonna, Barry Manilow, Richard Marx, Paul McCartney, George Michael, Liza Minnelli, Anne Murray, Olivia Newton-John, Sinéad O'Connor, Fito Páez, Luciano Pavarotti (including the Pavarotti and Friends Charity Concerts in Modena, Italy), Peter, Paul and Mary, June Pointer, André Previn, Jennifer Rush, Diane Schuur, Jon Secada, Michael Sembello, Carly Simon, Paul Simon, Frank Sinatra, Phoebe Snow, Dusty Springfield, Rod Stewart, Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, Frankie Valli, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder and Nikki Yanofsky.
- Hammond was instrumental in sparking or furthering numerous musical careers, including those of Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Benny Goodman, Harry James, Charlie Christian, Billie Holiday, Count Basie, Teddy Wilson, Big Joe Turner, Pete Seeger, Babatunde Olatunji, Aretha Franklin, George Benson, Freddie Green, Leonard Cohen, Arthur Russell, Jim Copp, Asha Puthli, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Mike Bloomfield.
- Especially in demand in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, McCracken appeared on many recordings by Steely Dan, as well as albums by Donald Fagen, Jimmy Rushing, Billy Joel, Roland Kirk, Roberta Flack, B. B. King, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, The Monkees, Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, Idris Muhammad, James Taylor, Phoebe Snow, Bob Dylan, Linda McCartney, Carly Simon, Graham Parker, Yoko Ono, Eric Carmen, Loudon Wainwright III, Lou Donaldson, Aretha Franklin, Bob James, Van Morrison, The Four Seasons, Daryl Hall & John Oates, Don McLean, Hank Crawford, Jerry Jemmott, Gary Wright and Andy Gibb.
- The Grandstand, with a capacity of up to 17,000, has featured Alabama, Christina Aguilera, the Backstreet Boys, Bob Dylan, Boston, Sheryl Crow, Foreigner, Aretha Franklin, Def Leppard, Journey, KISS, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Demi Lovato, Tim McGraw, Mötley Crüe, REO Speedwagon, Rush, Santana, Blake Shelton, Styx, James Taylor, Carrie Underwood, "Weird Al" Yankovic, John Mellencamp, and Usher, featuring Lil Jon.
- Oldham later moved to Los Angeles and has continued to be a sought-after backing musician, recording and performing with such artists as Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Delaney Bramlett, Willy DeVille, Joe Cocker, the Hacienda Brothers, Linda Ronstadt, Jackson Browne, the Everly Brothers, Bob Seger, Dickey Betts, Cat Power, J.J. Cale, and Frank Black.
- Among the scores of award-winning popular artists presented by the Mann in recent years are Jack Johnson, Ed Sheeran, Phish, Tony Bennett, Mary J. Blige, Roger Daltrey, Bob Dylan, Furthur, Arcade Fire, Aretha Franklin, Herbie Hancock, Norah Jones, Diana Krall, Wynton Marsalis, Willie Nelson, Smokey Robinson, Jill Scott, James Taylor, Damien Rice, Blondie with Garbage, Sugarland and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- Lee has played the bass for many artists including Chris Anderson, Cat Stevens, Harry Belafonte, Chad Mitchell Trio, Gordon Lightfoot, Aretha Franklin, Odetta, Simon and Garfunkel, Ian & Sylvia, Tom Rush, Burt Bacharach, Peter, Paul and Mary, Arlo Guthrie, Tom Paxton, Carolyn Hester, John Lee Hooker, Josh White, Duke Ellington, Malvina Reynolds, Eric Bibb, The Clancy Brothers and Bob Dylan.
- Feiten has worked with Gregg Allman, The Brecker Brothers, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Michael Franks, Al Jarreau, Rickie Lee Jones, Chaka Khan, Dave Koz, Kenny Loggins, Bette Midler, Olivia Newton-John, Wilson Pickett, David Sanborn, James Taylor, Stevie Wonder, Etta James, Dave Weckl and Don McLean.
- Artists who appeared in the early years of the show included figures from rock (Bob Dylan, Tom Waits), pop (the Bee Gees), blues (Bonnie Raitt and Muddy Waters), jazz (Professor Longhair, Dizzy Gillespie, and Benny Goodman, as well as specials dedicated to the Down Beat Readers Poll Award winners) folk (Jim Croce, Janis Ian, Arlo Guthrie, and Harry Chapin), and gospel/soul/R&B (Al Green and Aretha Franklin).
- Like other former Yugoslav labels, Diskos was also licensed to release foreign titles for the Yugoslav market which included certain albums by: America, Louis Armstrong, The Band, Count Basie, Jeff Beck, Pat Benatar, Chuck Berry, Blondie, The Byrds, Chicago, Miles Davis, Fats Domino, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Roberta Flack, Aretha Franklin, Jethro Tull, Carole King, Kiss, Kris Kristofferson, Led Zeppelin, Little Feat, Madness, The Manhattan Transfer, Matchbox, Men Without Hats, Liza Minnelli, Osibisa, Ram Jam, Redbone, Santana, Boz Scaggs, Sherbet, Simon & Garfunkel, Spandau Ballet, Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, Van Halen, Weather Report, Wild Cherry, Teddy Wilson, Yazoo and Yes.
- Entertainers who appeared there included Christina Aguilera, Anita Baker, The Beach Boys, Tony Bennett, Garth Brooks, Captain & Tennille, Ray Charles, Kenny Chesney, Phil Collins, Perry Como, Alice Cooper, Bill Cosby, Miles Davis, Sammy Davis, Jr., Ellen DeGeneres, John Denver, Bob Dylan, Jamie Foxx, Aretha Franklin, Mitzi Gaynor, Bob Hope, Whitney Houston, Jennifer Hudson, Tom Jones, R. Kelly, B.B. King, Gladys Knight, Patti LaBelle, Jay Leno, Liberace, Barry Manilow, Reba McEntire, Bette Midler, Liza Minnelli, The Monkees, Wayne Newton, Dolly Parton, Richard Pryor, REO Speedwagon, Joan Rivers, Kenny Rogers, Diana Ross, Jerry Seinfeld, Red Skelton, Donna Summer, Tiffany, James Taylor, The Temptations, Tina Turner, Luther Vandross, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Dionne Warwick, Andy Williams, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Warren Zevon, ZZ Top and many more.
- Like other former Yugoslav record labels, Suzy also released numerous foreign pop and rock albums for the domestic market including: AC/DC, Adam and the Ants, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Blue Öyster Cult, The Clash, Leonard Cohen, Phil Collins, Alice Cooper, Elvis Costello, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Europe, Fleetwood Mac, Aretha Franklin, Iron Butterfly, Michael Jackson, Judas Priest, Cyndi Lauper, Led Zeppelin, MC5, Midnight Oil, Prince, The Rolling Stones, Sade, Santana, Bob Seger, Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, Rod Stewart, Johnny Winter, Yes, and others.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Aretha Franklin & Bob Dylan