Why Aretha Franklin and Elvis Presley are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- These included musicians such as Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Muddy Waters, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Robert Johnson, W. C. Handy, B.B. King, Howlin' Wolf, Isaac Hayes, Booker T. Jones, Eric Gales, Al Green, Alex Chilton, Justin Timberlake, Three 6 Mafia, the Sylvers, Jay Reatard, Zach Myers, Aretha Franklin, and many others.
- Many musicians, including Aretha Franklin, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Roy Orbison, Booker T. & the M.G.'s, Otis Redding, Isaac Hayes, Shawn Lane, Al Green, Rance Allen, Percy Sledge, Solomon Burke, William Bell, Sam & Dave and B.B. King, got their start in Memphis in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Queen drew artistic influence from British rock acts of the 1960s and early 1970s, such as the Beatles, the Kinks, Cream, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, the Who, Black Sabbath, Slade, Deep Purple, David Bowie, Genesis and Yes, with Mercury also inspired by the rock and roll singers Little Richard, Elvis Presley and the gospel singer Aretha Franklin.
- The world's most popular, famous or revered music artists of the 20th century include: Béla Bartók, Carl Orff, Benjamin Britten, Aaron Copland, George Gershwin, Ernesto Lecuona, Gustav Mahler, Sergei Prokofiev, Sergei Rachmaninoff, Maurice Ravel, Arnold Schoenberg, Dmitri Shostakovich, Igor Stravinsky, Richard Strauss, ABBA, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, Harry Belafonte, Chuck Berry, James Brown, Cher, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Aretha Franklin, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Prince, Elton John, Led Zeppelin, Bee Gees, Madonna, Bob Marley, Black Sabbath, Metallica, The Smiths, Bon Jovi, Duran Duran, David Bowie, Nirvana, The Notorious B.I.G., Pink Floyd, Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, Tupac Shakur, Frank Sinatra, Barbra Streisand, Stevie Wonder, Louis Armstrong, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Charlie Parker, Robert Johnson, Amr Diab, Fairuz, Abdel Halim Hafez, Umm Kulthum, and many more.
- With the exception of a lengthy suite from Alan Silvestri's score, all the songs are previously released; the soundtrack includes songs from Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Aretha Franklin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Three Dog Night, the Byrds, the Beach Boys, the Jimi Hendrix Experience, the Doors, the Mamas & the Papas, the Doobie Brothers, Simon & Garfunkel, Bob Seger, and Buffalo Springfield among others.
- In the 1970s, he co-wrote and played on several hits by Al Green, including "Let's Stay Together" and "I'm Still in Love with You", at Hi, and he was also a session drummer for many artists, such as Elvis Presley, Bill Withers, Wilson Pickett, Leon Russell, Jerry Lee Lewis, Eric Clapton, Jean Knight, Aretha Franklin, Major Lance, Ann Peebles, Rod Stewart, Shirley Brown, Donny Hathaway and Herbie Mann.
- Musically, she was influenced by Elvis Presley, Roy Orbison, Aretha Franklin, Al Green, Ray Charles, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and the current music which was being played in Memphis on WHBQ and WDIA, as well as country musicians such as Brenda Lee, Patsy Cline, Tammy Wynette, Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash.
- Other major artists he recorded with include King Curtis, Joe Tex, Elvis Presley, Aretha Franklin (Cogbill played the bassline on Chain of Fools), Dobie Gray, Kris Kristofferson, J. J. Cale, Wilson Pickett (Cogbill played the bassline on "Funky Broadway"), Chuck Berry, Dolly Parton, Bob Seger, and Neil Diamond.
- These artists include Aretha Franklin (Aretha Franklin with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, A Brand New Me), Johnny Cash (Johnny Cash With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra), Bing Crosby (Bing Crosby and The London Symphony Orchestra, Bing At Christmas), Buddy Holly (Buddy Holly with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, True Love Ways), Elvis Presley (If I Can Dream, The Wonder Of You, Christmas with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra), Roy Orbison (A Love So Beautiful, Unchained Melodies), the Beach Boys, and The Carpenters.
- Since his 1968 start at Record Plant Studios in New York, he recorded and produced some of the greatest artists of modern music, including Cab Calloway, John Lennon, Aretha Franklin, Four Seasons, Madonna, Elvis Presley, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Frank Sinatra, Dire Straits, Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Harry Nilsson, Miles Davis, Chick Corea, Ray Charles, Queen, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Liza Minnelli, Roberta Flack, Patti La Belle, Van Morrison, Don McLean, The Who, Johnny Winter, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Frank Zappa, Lou Reed, Prince, Santana, Sarah Vaughan, Charles Mingus and many others.
- Potvin has stated that her music has been influenced by her growing up and listening to artists such as: Dinah Washington, Freddie King, Muddy Waters, Big Bill Broonzy, John Hiatt, the Beatles, Elvis Presley, the Everly Brothers, Aretha Franklin, Sarah Vaughan, Billie Holiday, Solomon Burke, Irma Thomas, Jimmy Reed, the Staple Singers, Ruth Brown, and others.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Aretha Franklin & Elvis Presley