Why Aretha Franklin and Whitney Houston are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- According to Stevie Wonder, "When people talk about the great influential singers, they talk about Aretha, Whitney and Mariah. That's a testament to her talent. Her range is that amazing."
- Additionally, Edmonds has produced and written music for many artists including Bobby Brown, The Whispers, Pebbles, After 7, Johnny Gill, Deele, Karyn White, The Boys, Damian Dame, Tevin Campbell, Patti LaBelle, Chaka Khan, Aretha Franklin, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Faith Evans, Beyoncé, Diana Ross, Sheena Easton, Toni Braxton, Michael Jackson, Michael Bolton, Paula Abdul, Eric Clapton ("Change the World"), Whitney Houston, Brandy, Mary J. Blige, Tamia, Shola Ama, 3T, Sisqó, Dru Hill, Fall Out Boy, Céline Dion, Samantha Jade, Backstreet Boys, Honeyz, Katharine McPhee, Mariah Carey, Vanessa L. Williams, Bruno Mars, Kelly Clarkson, Chanté Moore, En Vogue, Zendaya, Kenny G, Kristinia DeBarge, Lil Wayne, Kevin Abstract, P!nk, Marc Nelson, TLC, Ariana Grande, Jessica Mauboy, Xscape, K-Ci & JoJo, NSYNC, Jordin Sparks and Phil Collins, among others.
- Warren continues to write hit songs for and with artists of all mainstream genres, including Celine Dion, Cheap Trick, En Vogue, Whitney Houston, Belinda Carlisle, Britney Spears, Marcia Hines, Alice Cooper, Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, TLC, Aaliyah, Heart, Agnetha Fältskog, Elton John, Cher, Tina Turner, Bryan Adams, Selena, Jessica Simpson, Air Supply, Olivia Newton-John, Barbra Streisand, Aretha Franklin, Roberta Flack, Roy Orbison, Trisha Yearwood, Patti LaBelle, Michael Bolton, NSYNC, Rene Froger, Gloria Estefan, Reba McEntire, Enrique Iglesias, Paloma Faith, Russell Watson, Rod Stewart, RBD, Aerosmith, The Cult, Kiss, Ricky Martin, Faith Hill, Michael W. Smith, Meat Loaf, Sugababes, Mariah Carey, Toni Braxton, Exposé, Leigh Nash of Sixpence None the Richer, LeAnn Rimes, Gavin DeGraw, Kierra Sheard, Mandy Moore, Hilary Duff, Haylie Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Lady Gaga, Claire Richards, Starship, Westlife and so on, producing some of the songs as well.
- He wrote commercially successful singles for artists including Celine Dion, Joe Dolan, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Leo Sayer, Tina Turner, Glen Campbell, Julio Iglesias, Willie Nelson, Lynn Anderson and Bonnie Tyler, and bands Ace of Base, Air Supply, Blue Mink, Chicago, Heart, Living in a Box, the Carpenters, the Hollies, the Pipkins, Starship, and Westlife.
- His sound can be heard in the arrangements he did for Jefferson Starship, the Righteous Brothers, the Supremes, the Four Tops, Barbra Streisand, Johnny Mathis, Donna Loren, Martha and the Vandellas, Cher, Barry White, the Love Unlimited Orchestra, Dionne Warwick, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, George Benson, the Jackson 5, Roberta Flack, Elton John ("Philadelphia Freedom"), Leo Sayer, Marvin Gaye, the Temptations, Frankie Valli, Helen Reddy and Lionel Richie among many other notable acts in popular music.
- Songs were written by writers of many legendary pop classics like: Billy Steinberg ("Like A Virgin" for Madonna), Simon Climie ("I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)" for Aretha Franklin and George Michael), George Merrill and Shannon Rubican ("I Wanna Dance With Somebody" for Whitney Houston), Siedah Garrett ("Man in the Mirror" for Michael Jackson) or Rick Nowels ("Falling into You" for Celine Dion).
- He then specialized as a remixer in the disco era, and employed his engineering talents on 12" remixes and singles for artists like Whitney Houston, Jackie Moore, Dan Hartman, Gonzales, The Spinners, Aretha Franklin, The Jacksons, Melba Moore, Joe Simon, Madonna, Earth, Wind and Fire, Mick Jagger and Simply Red.
- After the success of these projects Williams became one of the most in-demand pop music union session guitarists for the next decade, recording again with Aretha Franklin or with Madonna, Julio Iglesias, George Benson, the Manhattan Transfer, Michael McDonald, Melissa Manchester, the Temptations, Stevie Nicks, Rod Stewart, Dionne Warwick, Shalamar, Go West, ABC, Boz Scaggs, Karen Carpenter, Mariah Carey, Julian Lennon, Bryan Ferry, Paul McCartney, Johnny Mathis, Del Shannon, Chaka Khan, Paul Hardcastle, Kenny Loggins, Steve Perry, Lionel Richie, Jessica Simpson, Diana Ross, the Crusaders, Andraé Crouch, Eddie Murphy, Herbie Hancock, Peter Cetera, Whitney Houston, Monkey Business and more.
- Biancaniello's skills were developed while working alongside producer Narada Michael Walden with whom he produced hits for Shanice I Love Your Smile, Whitney Houston I'm Every Woman from the Grammy">Grammy winning album The Bodyguard and All the Man That I Need, Tevin Campbell Tell Me What You Want Me to Do, Elton John "True Love", Lisa Fischer "How Can I Ease The Pain", Al Jarreau the Grammy winning "Heaven and Earth", and various other tracks from artist such as Mariah Carey, Edyta Górniak, The O'Jay's, Aretha Franklin, Barbra Streisand, Taylor Dayne, and Al Green.
- "You Send Me" has been covered by a number of artists across different fields of music, including Jesse Belvin (1957), Nat King Cole, Teresa Brewer, Michael Bolton, The Drifters, The Everly Brothers, The Four Seasons, Bobby Vee (1960), José Feliciano, Aretha Franklin, Steven Houghton, Nicolette Larson, Steve Miller Band, Van Morrison, Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Percy Sledge, Roy Ayers, Paul & Paula (1963), The Supremes, The Manhattans, Rachelle Ferrell, Fairground Attraction, Marcia Hines, Whitney Houston, Gregory Porter (2016), Dixie Chicks, Ponderosa Twins Plus One, Lynda Carter from At Last (2009) and Judie Tzuke on The Beauty Of Hindsight (2003)
- Among the live performances and interviews were ABBA, Adam Ant, David Bowie, Bucks Fizz, Chubby Checker, Dr Hook, Duran Duran, Sheena Easton, John Farnham, Aretha Franklin, Hall & Oates, Colleen Hewett, Whitney Houston, Elton John, Kiss, Jerry Lee Lewis, John Mellencamp, Olivia Newton-John, Roy Orbison, Robert Palmer, Tom Petty, the Pointer Sisters, Cliff Richard, Lionel Richie, Demis Roussos, Leo Sayer, Boz Scaggs, Del Shannon, Tina Turner, the Village People, Tom Waits, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, and John Paul Young.
- Over the last 20 years, Paul Boutin contributed to more than 60 gold or platinum records as engineer/mixer of songs performed by famous artists such as Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Barbra Streisand, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, John Legend, Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey, Phil Collins, Janet Jackson, John Mellencamp, Lionel Richie, Toni Braxton, Alicia Keys, Usher, Pink, Jamie Foxx, Ariana Grande, TLC, Boyz II Men and Fall Out Boy among others.
- Among some of the most notable artists he has worked with are Jimi Hendrix, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Smokey Robinson, Ashford & Simpson, Mick Jagger, U2, Muse, Bad Brains, Living Colour, 311, Tool, Soundgarden, Sonic Youth, Creed, The Cure, Ziggy Marley, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foreigner, Kraftwerk, Duran Duran, Nels Cline, Ornette Coleman, McCoy Tyner, Jackie McLean, Ben Goldberg, Kris Davis, Craig Taborn, The Last Poets and numerous others.
- Notable performers at the Arie Crown have included iconic stars such as Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Barbra Streisand, Ella Fitzgerald, Lena Horne, The Rolling Stones, The Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Richard Pryor, Tina Turner, Liberace, Sammy Davis Jr., The Jackson 5, Whitney Houston, Liza Minnelli, James Brown, Sonny & Cher, Patti LaBelle, Anita Baker, The Temptations, Tyler Perry, Gladys Knight, Diana Ross and Mary J. Blige among others.
- Entertainers who appeared there included Christina Aguilera, Anita Baker, The Beach Boys, Tony Bennett, Garth Brooks, Captain & Tennille, Ray Charles, Kenny Chesney, Phil Collins, Perry Como, Alice Cooper, Bill Cosby, Miles Davis, Sammy Davis, Jr., Ellen DeGeneres, John Denver, Bob Dylan, Jamie Foxx, Aretha Franklin, Mitzi Gaynor, Bob Hope, Whitney Houston, Jennifer Hudson, Tom Jones, R. Kelly, B.B. King, Gladys Knight, Patti LaBelle, Jay Leno, Liberace, Barry Manilow, Reba McEntire, Bette Midler, Liza Minnelli, The Monkees, Wayne Newton, Dolly Parton, Richard Pryor, REO Speedwagon, Joan Rivers, Kenny Rogers, Diana Ross, Jerry Seinfeld, Red Skelton, Donna Summer, Tiffany, James Taylor, The Temptations, Tina Turner, Luther Vandross, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Dionne Warwick, Andy Williams, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Warren Zevon, ZZ Top and many more.
- Since then, Sam Dees recording career stalled while he wrote hits for other singers, such as "Am I Dreaming" (Atlantic Starr), "One in a Million You" (Larry Graham), "Save the Overtime (For Me)" (Gladys Knight and The Pips), "Love All the Hurt Away" (George Benson and Aretha Franklin), and "Lover for Life" (Whitney Houston).
- People compared the effort with Aaliyah's debut album Age Ain't Nothing but a Number, which was released four months prior, writing: "While everything about Aaliyah screams here-and-now, Brandy's well-groomed blend of gently lilting hip hop and pop-soul has a more timeless appeal. With the poise and sassy confidence of a diva twice her age, Brandy mixes her love songs with tributes to her little brother ("Best Friend"), God ("Give Me You"), the perfect man ("Baby") and older crooners like Aretha and Whitney ("I Dedicate"). While this isn't groundbreaking stuff, Brandy has the pipes to become more than the latest teenage next-big-thing."
- In the 1990s, he also worked as a producer of compilation reissues, and established a media coaching service and since the mid-1980s, he has written or updated the music bios for Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, Lionel Richie, Usher, Whitney Houston, Patti LaBelle, Toni Braxton, Prince, Alicia Keys and hundreds of other artists, producers, songwriters, musicians and industry executives.
- Formed in 1992, Love to Infinity has remixed for a wealth of dance and pop artists including Madonna, Michael Jackson, Cher, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Gloria Estefan, Ace of Base, Whitney Houston, Myra, Loleatta Holloway, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Grace Jones, Will Smith, Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, The Who, Pulp, All Saints, Simply Red, Take That, Aqua, Robbie Williams, Melanie Williams, Barbra Streisand, Milk Inc, N-Trance, Kristine W, Rozalla and Faith Hill.
- Other musicians he has worked with include Kenny Burrell, Shirley Caesar, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Isaac Hayes, Whitney Houston, Hubert Laws, David "Fathead" Newman, James Newton, Ray Parker Jr., Sonny Rollins, Frank Sinatra, Sonny Stitt, Shania Twain, Gerald Wilson, Nancy Wilson, and Bobby Womack.
- Prior to working with Paris, Walden had produced hits for Aretha Franklin ("Who's Zoomin' Who?"), Whitney Houston ("How Will I Know"), Clarence Clemons ("You're a Friend of Mine"), Dionne Warwick ("No One There (To Sing Me a Love Song)"), Gladys Knight ("Licence to Kill"), Regina Belle ("Baby Come to Me"), Lisa Fischer ("How Can I Ease the Pain") and Mariah Carey ("Vision of Love").
- Her influences have included Gloria Estefan, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Toni Braxton, Boyz II Men, Stevie Wonder, Cece Winans, Nat King Cole, Mary Wells, her mother's all-time-favourite Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, Randy Crawford, Roberta Flack, Gladys Knight & the Pips, Diana Ross & The Supremes, Alejandro Sanz, Rosario Flores, Mary J. Blige, and many more.
- Since 2013, Robinson has held induction ceremonies every year that have included The Temptations, The O’Jays, The Four Tops, The Chi-Lites, Gene "The Duke of Earl” Chandler, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Chubby Checker, Berry Gordy, Ray Charles, Cathy Hughes, Morgan Freeman, Rev. Al Sharpton, and the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin. Ties with inductees and their families have been strong and artifacts for the museum have been gladly and generously donated. The Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame has over 170 artists honored and inducted since 2013.
- During Palmese’s many years in the music business, he has been involved in the career development of artists including Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Kelly Clarkson, Carlos Santana, Barry Manilow, Elton John, Aretha Franklin, Patti LaBelle, BB King, Outkast, Usher, Rod Stewart, Sarah McLachlan, Dave Matthews Band, Sean Combs, Maroon 5, Gavin DeGraw, Luther Vandross, Notorious B.I.G., Dido, Ke$ha, Kings of Leon, Avril Lavigne, Water, The Lumineers, Capital Cities, The Wanted, Calvin Harris, Armin Van Buuren, Avicii, and A Great Big World.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Aretha Franklin & Whitney Houston