Why Bob Dylan and George Jones are similar
Topics related to both
This list includes music artists with claims of 75 million or more record sales. The artists in the following tables are listed with both their claimed sales figure along with their total of certified units and are ranked in descending order, with the artist with the highest amount of claimed sales at the top. Wikipedia
Canadian-American roots rock group including Rick Danko , Garth Hudson (keyboards, accordion, saxophone), Richard Manuel (keyboards, drums, vocals), Robbie Robertson (guitar, vocals), and Levon Helm (drums, vocals, mandolin, guitar). When they first reached prominence , but they were originally formed as The Hawks, a backing band for rockabilly singer Ronnie Hawkins. Wikipedia
English multi-instrumentalist, singer and songwriter best known as the guitarist, backing and secondary lead vocalist, principal songwriter, co-founder and leader of the rock band The Who. His career with the Who spans over 50 years, during which time the band grew to be one of the most important and influential rock bands of the 20th century. Wikipedia
American singer-songwriter and musician. Regarded as one of the most significant and influential American singers and songwriters of the 20th century, Williams recorded 35 singles (five released posthumously) that reached the Top 10 of the Billboard Country & Western Best Sellers chart, including 11 that ranked number one (three posthumously). Wikipedia
English singer, songwriter, actor, and film producer who gained worldwide fame as the lead singer and one of the founder members of the Rolling Stones. Jagger's career has spanned over five decades, and he has been described as "one of the most popular and influential frontmen in the history of rock & roll". Wikipedia
Sentences that refer to both
- He has worked with musicians including B.B. King, Chet Atkins, Chris Botti, John Anderson, the Chieftains, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Elton John, Joan Armatrading, Bryan Ferry, George Jones, Phil Lynott, Donal Lunny, Van Morrison, Steely Dan, Sting, Emmylou Harris and James Taylor, sometimes working as a session musician.
- Staples has recorded with a wide variety of musicians, from her friend, Bob Dylan (with whom she was nominated for a 2003 Grammy Award in the "Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals" category for their duet on "Gonna Change My Way of Thinking", from the album Gotta Serve Somebody: The Gospel Songs of Bob Dylan) to The Band, Ray Charles, Prince, Nona Hendryx, George Jones, Natalie Merchant, Ann Peebles, and Delbert McClinton.
- Having played on records for many artists, including John Stewart, Dolly Parton, Connie Smith, Patti Page, Loretta Lynn, Kenny Rogers, George Jones, Charlie Rich, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, John Hartford, Mark Knopfler, Ween, Alan Jackson, Merle Haggard, Roger Miller, David Allan Coe, Moe Bandy, George Hamilton IV, Sturgill Simpson, and Conway Twitty, he played on Roger Miller's Grammy Award-winning "Dang Me" in 1964.
- Performances at the Cambria County War Memorial Arena over the years have included AC/DC, Aerosmith, Alabama, Alice Cooper, Beach Boys, Blue Öyster Cult, Bo Diddley, Bob Hope, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, Bryan Adams, Brad Paisley, Brooks & Dunn, Bruce Springsteen, Chicago, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Dave Clark Five, Dolly Parton, Duke Ellington, Foghat, Foreigner, George Jones, George Strait, Heart, Jeff Dunham, Johnny Cash, Johnny Mathis, Josh Turner, Judas Priest, Kelly Clarkson, Kenny Rogers, Kid Rock, Kiss, Larry the Cable Guy, LeAnn Rimes, Lonestar, Loretta Lynn, Louis Armstrong, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Matchbox Twenty, Martina McBride, Merle Haggard, MercyMe, Meredith Andrews, Metallica, Miranda Lambert, Nat King Cole, Ozzy Osbourne, Phyllis Diller, Quiet Riot, Reba McEntire, Rebecca Lynn Howard, REO Speedwagon, Rob Zombie, Santana, Sara Evans, Skillet, Styx, The Carpenters, The Supremes, TobyMac, Tom Jones, Trace Adkins, Willie Nelson, Yardbirds, and ZZ Top.
- Additionally, Antiseen has covered songs by artists such as Hank Williams Sr., Skrewdriver, Ernest Tubb, Hellstomper, GG Allin, Anti-Nowhere League, Black Flag, Broken Talent, Alice Cooper, Dave Dudley, Bob Dylan, Roky Erickson, George Jones, The Kinks, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blowfly, Curtis Mayfield, Roy Orbison, Ramones, Rancid Vat, Rose Tattoo, Steve Sadler, Jumping Gene Simmons, Jack Starr, Sun Ra, Screaming Lord Sutch, The Stooges, Talking Heads, The Trashmen, and The Troggs.
- Knopfler has also been involved in a number of collaborative projects, recording duets with Chet Atkins, George Jones, Van Morrison, and James Taylor, producing albums by Willy DeVille, Bob Dylan, Bap Kennedy, and Randy Newman, and contributing guitar tracks to numerous recordings by other artists, including Clint Black, The Chieftains, Eric Clapton, Phil Everly, Jeff Healey, Waylon Jennings, B.B. King, Kris Kristofferson, Sonny Landreth, Kate & Anna McGarrigle, Cliff Richard, Sting, Tina Turner, Steely Dan, and Jimmy Webb.
- In addition to her 23 solo albums and three successful collaborative albums with Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt, Harris has recorded backing and duet vocals with many of the great recording artists of her generation, including The Band, Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, John Denver, Bob Dylan, George Jones, Lyle Lovett, Bill Monroe, Roy Orbison, Gram Parsons, Townes Van Zandt, Tammy Wynette and Neil Young.
- It has been performed by a wide variety of famous recording artists including Tammy Wynette, Rosetta Tharpe, Johnny Cash, Alan Jackson, Emmylou Harris, Daniel O'Donnell, the Edwin Hawkins Singers, a duet by George Jones & Patti Page, Jim Reeves, Bob Dylan, Waylon Jennings, J. J. Cale, and James Blackwood's quartet.
- all four Hank Williams, Waylon Jennings, Porter Wagoner, John Wayne, Clayton Moore (the Lone Ranger), Dwight Eisenhower, Little Jimmy Dickens, John Lennon, Loretta Lynn, George Jones, Glen Campbell, Ernest Tubb, Gene Autry, the Osmonds, David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Emmylou Harris, Roy Rogers, Neil Young, Elton John, The Grateful Dead, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, George H. Bush, George W. Bush, the Bee Gees, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Catherine Bach (Daisy Duke), The Jackson Five, John Travolta (Urban Cowboy), Robert Redford (The Electric Horseman), Robert Taylor, Marlon Brando, Burt Reynolds, Raquel Welch, David Lee Roth, Jack Nicholson, Sylvester Stallone, Shooter Jennings, Kid Rock, The Killers, Jack White, Kenny Chesney, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Zac Brown Band, Miranda Lambert, Jon Pardi, Frankie Ballard, Matt Wilkinson, Roger Allen Scholfield, and countless others.
- Several events and concerts have been held in Western Financial Place, like Alice Cooper, Larry the Cable Guy, The Tragically Hip, Dean Brody, Loverboy, Great Big Sea, Barenaked Ladies, Nickelback, April Wine, Bryan Adams, Terri Clark, Bob Dylan, George Canyon, B.B. King, Blue Rodeo, Jason McCoy, Paul Brandt, The Moffats, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, George Jones, Randy Travis, and ZZ Top.
- Gale and Pierce recruited some of Nashville's leading session musicians to work with Jetset Getset on the new album: guitarist Kerry Marx (who had worked with Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash), drummer Eddie Bayers (George Jones, Dolly Parton), acoustic guitarist Michael Spriggs (Trisha Yearwood, Eddie Rabbitt), bass guitarist Duncan Mullins (Brooks & Dunn, Amy Grant), pianist Michael Rojas (Martina McBride, Lady Antebellum), fiddler Rob Hajacos (Taylor Swift, Kenny Chesney, The Band Perry) and fiddler/mandolin player Wanda Vick (Travis Tritt, Billy Ray Cyrus).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Bob Dylan & George Jones