Why CBS and UPN are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- It was intended to include Viacom's slower-growing business, namely CBS, The CW (a merger of UPN and The WB), CBS Radio (since sold to Entercom on November 17, 2017 ), Simon & Schuster (to be sold to Penguin Random House in 2021 ), CBS Outdoor (formerly Viacom Outdoor), Showtime Networks, CBS Television Studios, CBS Television Distribution and CBS Studios International.
- The CBS Corporation name would be revived for one of the companies, to be headed by longtime television executive (and Viacom co-President) Les Moonves, and would include the namesake television network CBS, UPN, Infinity Broadcasting, Viacom Outdoor, Showtime Networks, and Paramount's television studio.
- Throughout the 1990s the studio launched such successful shows as Beakman's World on TLC and CBS in 1992, Mad About You on NBC in 1992, Ricki Lake in syndication which lasted 11 years, The Nanny on CBS in 1993, Party of Five on Fox, NewsRadio on NBC, Malcolm & Eddie on UPN in 1996, and the short-lived cult following animated series The Critic on ABC and Fox in 1994.
- SNI, along with CBS, The CW (formerly UPN), Viacom Outdoor, Spelling Television, CBS Television Studios (formerly CBS Productions, Paramount Television and CBS Paramount Television), CBS Television Distribution (formerly Paramount Domestic Television, CBS Paramount Domestic Television and KingWorld), CBS Studios International (formerly CBS Paramount International Television), Simon & Schuster and other entities became part of CBS Corporation when CBS officially split from Viacom in December 2005, but it eventually Viacom re-merged with CBS to transform into the new ViacomCBS in early December 2019.
- All three stations were at one point affiliated with major networks: WXBU (then as WLYH-TV) was affiliated with CBS (sharing that with WHP-TV until 1995; Sinclair later bought WHP-TV outright), then UPN & The CW (the latter now airing on WHP-TV 21.3), while KENV-DT shared the NBC affiliation with primary NBC affiliate KSL-TV and WTTE was affiliated with Fox before its intellectual property was moved to ABC affiliate WSYX (which Sinclair also owns outright) on channel 6.3.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: CBS & UPN