Why Elizabeth II and Prince Andrew, Duke of York are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- On 9 November 2016 the Francis Crick Institute was officially opened by the Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh and the Duke of York.
- During that time she reported on many dramatic and notable events to do with the royal family, including the 1992 Windsor Castle fire; two royal weddings; the break-up of the Duke of York's marriage to Sarah Ferguson; the divorce of the Prince and Princess of Wales; the deaths of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother and Princess Margaret, and has reported on the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's celebrations of her Golden Jubilee.
- Prince Andrew is a failure; his daughters, Beatrice and Eugenie, are, according to Tyler Moore, "slightly dim girls", and the Queen and Prince Philip are physically absent but frequently mentioned by the other characters.
- The first royal resident was Prince Edward, Prince of Wales (later King Edward VII), in 1860, who was followed by others such as Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, in 1869 (he would also serve as Governor General of Canada); Prince George (later King George V) in 1883 and 1901; Prince Albert in 1913 and again in 1939 as King George VI, along with his wife, Queen Elizabeth, who returned as the Queen Mother in 1967 for the Canadian Centennial and in 1979; their daughters, Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Edinburgh, in 1951 and again in 1959, 1976, 1994 and 2010 as Queen Elizabeth II, and Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon, in 1958 and 1988; Elizabeth II's children, Prince Andrew in 1985 and Prince Edward in 1987, as well as Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, in 1983, accompanied by Diana, Princess of Wales.
- There are six personal royal standards, one each for the Queen, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, the Princess Royal, the Duke of York, and the Earl of Wessex, as well as one standard for use more generally to denote the presence of any member of the Royal Family who has not previously been provided with a specific personal standard.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Elizabeth II & Prince Andrew, Duke of York