Why Goochland County, Virginia and Prince George County, Virginia are similar
Topics related to both
Race and ethnicity in the United States Census, defined by the federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the United States Census Bureau, are the self-identified categories of race or races and ethnicity chosen by residents, with which they most closely identify, and indicate whether they are of Hispanic or Latino origin (the only categories for ethnicity). The racial categories represent a social-political construct for the race or races that respondents consider themselves to be and, "generally reflect a social definition of race recognized in this country." Wikipedia
The United States' Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) are publicly announced standards developed by the National Institute of Standards and Technology for use in computer systems by non-military American government agencies and government contractors. FIPS standards are issued to establish requirements for various purposes such as ensuring computer security and interoperability and are intended for cases in which suitable industry standards do not already exist. Wikipedia
Sentences that refer to both
- The Richmond-Petersburg Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), the 44th largest in the United States, includes the independent cities of Richmond, Colonial Heights, Hopewell, and Petersburg, as well as the counties of Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, New Kent, Powhatan, and Prince George.
- The Richmond Division comprises the counties of Amelia, Brunswick, Caroline, Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Essex, Goochland, Greensville, Hanover, Henrico, James City, King and Queen, King George, King William, Lancaster, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, Middlesex, New Kent, Northumberland, Nottoway, Powhatan, Prince Edward, Prince George, Richmond, Spotsylvania, Surry, Sussex, and Westmoreland, as well as independent cities such as Colonial Heights.
- this is the last occasion a Democratic presidential nominee has carried Amelia County, Bedford County, Botetourt County, Charlotte County, Cumberland County, Fluvanna County, Gloucester County, Goochland County, Grayson County, Halifax County, King George County, New Kent County, Nottoway County, Patrick County, Prince George County, Rappahannock County, Rockbridge County, Scott County, Spotsylvania County, Warren County, Bristol City and Salem City, while Stafford County would not vote for the Democratic nominee again until 2020.
- Historic homes associated with the family include Tuckahoe in Goochland and Henrico counties, the Peyton Randolph House in Williamsburg, the Wilton House Museum and the John Marshall House in Richmond, Monticello near Charlottesville, Stratford Hall in Westmoreland, Brandon Plantation in Prince George and Burgh Westra in Gloucester, Virginia.
- The geographical area it covers includes the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights and Charlottesville, as well as the counties of Albemarle, Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Fluvanna, Goochland, Greene, Hanover, Henrico, Louisa, Nelson, New Kent, Powhatan, Prince George and Surry.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Goochland County, Virginia & Prince George County, Virginia