Why Houston and Texas are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- Prior to 2003, Shaw owned cable systems in the United States previously owned by Moffat Communications, serving six communities in Florida (Eastern Pasco County, Clermont, Palm Coast, Ormond Beach, West Palm Beach and Doral), and the Houston, Texas suburbs of Kingwood, Lake Conroe and Lake Livingston.
- The airline had previously added to the route network Dallas/Fort Worth, the carrier's seventh destination in the United States and its second in Texas along with Houston, Haneda, Miami, Edinburgh, its destination in the United Kingdom, Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen International Airport, its point served in Turkey, and Djibouti.
- On October 25, 1999, a month after the American team rallied to win the Ryder Cup and four months after his U.S. Open victory, Stewart was killed in the crash of a Learjet flying from his home in Orlando, Florida, to Texas for the year-ending tournament, The Tour Championship, held at Champions Golf Club in Houston.
- The Romance Writers of America was founded in 1980 in Houston, Texas, by romance editor Vivian Stephens and 37 authors in the romance genre, including Rita Clay Estrada and Parris Afton Bonds, first President and Vice President, According to their by-laws, the organization's purpose is to “advance the professional and common business interests of career-focused romance writers through networking and advocacy and by increasing public awareness of the romance genre."
- Asheville Regional Airport (AVL), located southeast of the city of Asheville in Fletcher, serves the area with non-stop jet service to Charlotte, North Carolina; LaGuardia Airport in New York City and nearby Newark, New Jersey; Houston, Texas; Atlanta, Georgia; Orlando Sanford International Airport near Orlando, Florida; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Detroit, Michigan; and O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Houston & Texas