Why Indian reservation and Native Americans in the United States are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- Whoop-Up is set within a modern-day Native American community located on a reservation.
- Settlers began arriving in the mid-1800s, displacing the Native Americans who mostly left the area voluntarily by 1860, while others were removed to reservations by 1878.
- The Civil Rights Act of 1968 banned housing discrimination and extended constitutional protections to Native Americans on reservations.
- These projects are run under the aegis of CSAIL and staffed by MIT volunteers who give training, install and donate computer setups in greater Boston, Massachusetts, Kenya, Native American Indian tribal reservations in the American Southwest such as the Navajo Nation, the Middle East, and Fiji Islands.
- Tensions between the settlers and the Native American inhabitants (primarily of the Catawba tribe) were eased considerably when the boundary dispute between North Carolina and South Carolina was settled in 1772, after which most of the Catawba settled on a reservation near Fort Mill, South Carolina.
- Burnham was born on a Dakota Sioux Indian reservation in Minnesota where he learned the ways of American Indians as a boy.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Indian reservation & Native Americans in the United States