Why Jamie McMurray and Jimmie Johnson are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- Earnhardt was then directly involved in a controversial crash on lap 124, when, while fighting to return to the lead lap, he came in contact with Brian Vickers while fighting to be the first driver one lap down (who gets a free pass should the caution flag come out), causing a 10-car pileup which included Denny Hamlin, Scott Speed, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle and Kurt Busch, Robby Gordon, Jamie McMurray, and Carl Edwards.
- Various real-life NASCAR drivers and/or their cars from the 2004 racing season can also be seen, including Dale Jarrett, Dale Earnhardt Jr. (car only), Casey Mears (car only), Kasey Kahne (car only), Tony Stewart (car only), Bobby Labonte (car only), Terry Labonte (car only), Brendan Gaughan, Mark Martin (car only), Ward Burton (car only), Carl Edwards (car only), Jimmy Spencer (car only), Mike Bliss (car only), Scott Wimmer (car only), Jamie McMurray (car only), Rusty Wallace (car only), Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kyle Busch (car only), Scott Riggs (car only), Robby Gordon (car only), and Kevin Harvick (car only).
- The race ended under caution after a multi-car wreck on the final lap in turn 1 that collected Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth and Martin Truex, Jr. Jamie McMurray said he "was trying to block the 48 (Jimmie Johnson). I had stalled out right when I got to the 18 car (Kyle Busch), and I didn’t think the 48 had much of a run either. It felt like our momentum was about the same. I saw the replay and I still don’t know if he was up to my rear bumper or if it was the air that made his car turn. I’m just not sure.” Johnson said that McMurray "was trying to get underneath the 18 and that didn’t work out, and I creeped up to his outside.
- The following drivers were chosen for the two seasons that it was on pay-per-view: Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin, Jeff Burton, Carl Edwards, Kurt Busch, Kevin Harvick, Juan Pablo Montoya, Greg Biffle, Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, David Stremme, Mark Martin, Ryan Newman, Clint Bowyer, Dale Jarrett, Jamie McMurray, Robby Gordon, Michael Waltrip, Kasey Kahne, Dave Blaney, Reed Sorenson, J.J. Yeley, Boris Said, and Martin Truex, Jr.
- However, after a strong start to the 2010 season, leading the most laps at the Daytona 500, consecutive runner-ups to Jimmie Johnson at Fontana & Las Vegas, and winning the 2010 Aaron's 499 at Talladega in an epic photo-finish over Jamie McMurray(his first win since 2007), Harvick signed a multi-year extension to his RCR contract in May 2010.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Jamie McMurray & Jimmie Johnson