Why Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- Artists who have recorded for Columbia include AC/DC, Adele, Aerosmith, BTS, Louis Armstrong, Gene Autry, Count Basie, Tony Bennett, Leonard Bernstein, Beyoncé, Blue Öyster Cult, The Byrds, Mariah Carey, Johnny Cash, Rosemary Clooney, Leonard Cohen, Elvis Costello, Miles Davis, Doris Day, Neil Diamond, Celine Dion, Bob Dylan, Earth, Wind & Fire, Duke Ellington, Flatt and Scruggs, Billie Holiday, Vladimir Horowitz, Billy Joel, Robert Johnson, Al Jolson, Janis Joplin, Yo-Yo Ma, Johnny Mathis, George Michael, Thelonious Monk, Willie Nelson, the New York Philharmonic, Pink Floyd, Santana, Frank Sinatra, Simon & Garfunkel, Bessie Smith, Bruce Springsteen, Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, Andy Williams, Bill Withers, Polo G, and numerous other major artists.
- Asked in the same interview if the band will produce the new album by themselves or get an outside producer, Cherone replied, "There's talk of a few people. It would be great to get an A-list name. I don't know if that happens. My dream producer would probably be Rick Rubin. Here's a guy that's done Johnny Cash, the Chili Peppers and you know, Neil Diamond."
- Other major concert performances at the arena included Aerosmith, Beach Boys, Black Sabbath, Garth Brooks, Johnny Cash, Cher, Def Leppard, John Denver, Neil Diamond, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Foo Fighters, Foreigner, Merle Haggard, Jethro Tull, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Tim McGraw, Metallica, Mötley Crüe, Willie Nelson, Nickelback, Rush, Bob Seger, Slayer, George Strait, Styx, Carrie Underwood, Van Halen, and ZZ Top.
- He is a frequent collaborator of producer Rick Rubin, and has worked with many bands in various genres, including Metallica, Slayer, High on Fire, Black Sabbath, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bush, Audioslave, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, and System of a Down, but has also worked on albums by U2, Johnny Cash, Neil Diamond and others.
- Jamie Thomson of UK's The Guardian newspaper was scornful of Rubin's contribution, and observed Slayer "seem unwilling to ditch the nu-metal tendencies that have made much of their recent output so resistible, which suggests Rubin's involvement was considerably less hands-on than in his remarkable redemptions of Johnny Cash and Neil Diamond."
- The list of parodies includes (in order): Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Michael Bolton, Corey Hart, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Jon Bon Jovi, Robbie Robertson, Neil Diamond, Aaron Neville, Dennis DeYoung, Barney the Dinosaur, Aerosmith, "Any Annoying Lead Guitarist", Meat Loaf, Crash Test Dummies, Tom Petty, Beck, The B-52's, AC/DC, Metallica, The Rolling Stones, Ozzy Osbourne, Julio Iglesias, Bobby McFerrin, Andrea Bocelli, and Guns N' Roses.
- Other hits (with their peak positions noted) were "Crimson and Clover" by Tommy James and the Shondells (3), "Gitarzan" by Ray Stevens (3), "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival (3), "My Sentimental Friend" by Herman's Hermits (3), "A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash (3), "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman (3), "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond (3), "Star-Crossed Lovers" by Neil Sedaka (4), "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" by The 5th Dimension (4), "One" by Johnny Farnham (4), "Indian Giver" by 1910 Fruitgum Company (5), "Proud Mary" by Credence Clearwater Revival (5), "Dear Prudence" by Doug Parkinson (5), "Spinning Wheel" by Blood, Sweat & Tears (5), "All Along the Watchtower" by The Jimi Hendrix Experience (6), "Give Peace a Chance" by The Plastic Ono Band (6), "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies (6).
- This song is often performed as a Christmas carol, and has been recorded by Kenny Rogers with Home Free, Joe and Eddie, Fred Waring and his Pennsylvanians, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Nina Simone, Natalie Merchant, The Weavers, The Kingston Trio, the Blind Boys of Alabama, Mike Seeger with sisters Penny Seeger and Peggy Seeger, The Fairfield Four, Peter, Paul and Mary, Ricky Skaggs, Ralph Stanley, The Burns Sisters, Mandisa, Johnny Cash, Mahalia Jackson, Tennessee Ernie Ford, Audra McDonald, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Scala & Kolacny Brothers, Odetta, Hall and Oates, REO Speedwagon, Kenny Burrell, Nick Lowe, The Spinners, Ledisi, Colin James & The Little Big Band, Neil Diamond, The Laurie Berkner Band, The Blenders, Mnogaja Leta Quartet, Sister Thea Bowman, FSPA, Clara Ward, Phemza The Kween and Christmas Songs & Carols Love to Sing.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Johnny Cash & Neil Diamond