Why Karnataka and Kerala are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- He is a pan-Hindu god, but is particularly revered in some locations such as Vrindavan in Uttar Pradesh, Dwarka and Junagadh in Gujarat; the Jagannatha aspect in Odisha, Mayapur in West Bengal; in the form of Vithoba in Pandharpur, Maharashtra, Shrinathji at Nathdwara in Rajasthan, Udupi Krishna in Karnataka, Parthasarathy in Tamil Nadu and Guruvayoorappan">Guruvayoorappan in Guruvayoor in Kerala.
- Yesudas won the National Award for the Best Male Playback Singer record eight times, the Filmfare Awards South five times, and the State Award for the Best Playback Singer forty-three times, including awards given by the state governments of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, and West Bengal.
- Indian states and territories frequently use different local titles for the same level of subdivision (e.g., the mandals of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana correspond to tehsils of Uttar Pradesh and other Hindi-speaking states but to talukas of Gujarat, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, and Tamil Nadu).
- Some of the important express trains operating from the Dehradun Junction railway station are Dehradun Jan Shatabdi Express runs between New Delhi_Junction">Delhi Junction and Dehradun station, the Dehradun Express runs between Bandra Terminus and Dehradun station, the Varanasi Dehradun Express that runs between Varanasi Junction and Dehradun, the Dehradun Amritsar Express, the Doon Express that runs between Dehradun and Howrah Junction a distance of 1557 km, the Mussoorie Express which runs between Dehradun and Delhi Junction, the intra state Kathgodam_Express">Kathgodam Express connects Kathgodam and Dehradun, the Nanda Devi Express connects Kota Junction to Dehradun, and the Kochuveli Dehradun Superfast Express which runs over a distance of 3459 km and connects with Kochuveli, serving the 9 states of Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh & Uttarakhand.
- The native lands historically inhabited by Konkani people include the Konkan division of Maharashtra, the state of Goa and the territory of Damaon, the Uttara Kannada (North Canara), Udupi& Dakshina Kannada (South Canara) districts of Karnataka, along with many districts in Kerala such as Kasaragod (formerly part of South Canara), Kochi (Cochin), Alappuzha (Allepey), Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), and Kottayam.
- Fourteen states out of twenty-eight states in India; Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal also had a nominated Anglo-Indian member each in their respective State Legislative Assemblies.
- The game is known by numerous names in different parts of South Asia, such as: kabaddi or chedugudu in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana; kabaddi in Maharashtra, Karnataka and Kerala; kabadi or ha-du-du in Bangladesh; bhavatik in Maldives, kauddi or kabaddi in the Punjab region; hu-tu-tu in Western India, hu-do-do in Eastern India; chadakudu in South India; kapardi in Nepal; and kabadi or sadugudu in Tamil Nadu.
- In India, Ganesh Chaturthi is primarily celebrated at home and in public by local community groups in the central and western states of Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Goa and the southern states of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and eastern states of West Bengal and Odisha..
- These names include Nagar Nigam (in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, and Haryana), Nagara Nigama (in Punjab), Mahanagar Palika (in Goa and Maharashtra), Mahanagara Palike (in Karnataka), Mahanagar Seva Sadan (in Gujarat), Pouro Nigom (in Assam), Pouro Nigam (in West Bengal), Pur Porishod (in Tripura), Nagar Palika Nigam (in Madhya Pradesh), Nagara Palaka Samstha (in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana), Nagara Sabha (in Kerala) and Maanagaraatchi (in Tamil Nadu).
- The eight classical forms accorded classical dance status by India's National Academy of Music, Dance, and Drama are: bharatanatyam of the state of Tamil Nadu, kathak of Uttar Pradesh, kathakali and mohiniattam of Kerala, kuchipudi of Andhra Pradesh, yakshagana of Karnataka, manipuri of Manipur, odissi (orissi) of the state of Odisha and the sattriya of Assam.
- The Madras Presidency, headquartered in Fort St. George, India, was a province of British India that comprised present day Tamil Nadu, the Kerala)">Malabar region of North Kerala, the coastal and Rayalaseema regions of Andhra Pradesh, and the Bellary, Dakshina Kannada, and Udupi districts of Karnataka.
- 18) referred to the whole of the ancient Tamil-speaking area, corresponding roughly to the area known as southern India today, consisting of the territories of the present-day Indian states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, parts of Andhra Pradesh, parts of Karnataka and northern Sri Lanka also known as Eelam.
- Recently, the Indian government has claimed that in 2013, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal were in [ideological] "influence" of what it term as "Left Wing Extremism"; while claiming that armed activity by the "Left Wing" extremists was noticed in Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Odisha and West Bengal.
- Other temples dedicated to Varaha are located across India in the states of Andhra Pradesh (including Varaha Lakshmi Narasimha temple, Simhachalam dedicated to a combined form of Varaha and Narasimha), in Haryana Pradesh at Baraha Kalan, and Lakshmi Varaha Temple, in Karnataka at Maravanthe and Kallahalli, Panniyur Sri Varahamurthy Temple in Kerala">Kerala, Sreevaraham Lakshmi Varaha temple, Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala, Sree Varaha Swamy Temple, Varapuzha in Ernakulam, Kerala, Azheekal Sree Varaha Temple in Ernakulam, Kerala, in Majholi, Madhya Pradesh, in Odisha at Lakshmi Varaha Temple, Aul, in Tamil Nadu and in Uttar Pradesh.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Karnataka & Kerala