Why Kerala and Tripura are similar
Sentences that refer to both
- These names include Nagar Nigam (in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, and Haryana), Nagara Nigama (in Punjab), Mahanagar Palika (in Goa and Maharashtra), Mahanagara Palike (in Karnataka), Mahanagar Seva Sadan (in Gujarat), Pouro Nigom (in Assam), Pouro Nigam (in West Bengal), Pur Porishod (in Tripura), Nagar Palika Nigam (in Madhya Pradesh), Nagara Palaka Samstha (in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana), Nagara Sabha (in Kerala) and Maanagaraatchi (in Tamil Nadu).
- Recently, the Indian government has claimed that in 2013, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal were in [ideological] "influence" of what it term as "Left Wing Extremism"; while claiming that armed activity by the "Left Wing" extremists was noticed in Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Odisha and West Bengal.
- DYFI identifies itself to be an independent organisation, however a number of leaders of the CPI(M), including former West Bengal chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee who was a former secretary of Bengal fraction, and a founder Central Committee member of DYFI, Manik Sarkar - the former chief minister of Tripura - was a vice president of the organisation, and M. Vijayakumar who was the speaker of Kerala legislative assembly was once former all-India president of DYFI.
- The seats in following states were up for election with terms of sitting members ending as: Assam - 2 seats, Himachal Pradesh - 1 seat, Kerala - 3 seats, Tripura - 1 seat all term ending on 2 April 201; Nagaland - 1 seat with term ending on 2 April 2016 but vacant since 26 November 2015 and Punjab - 5 seats with term ending on 9 April 2016.
- but not coastal central Queensland), New Guinea, Lesser Sunda Islands, Maluku, Sulawesi, Jawa, Borneo, Philippines, Taiwan, North-central, Southeast and South-central Zhongguo/China (including Guangxi, Hainan, Guangdong, Fujian, Zhejiang, Anhui, Henan, southern Shanxi, southern Gansu, Hubei, Sichuan, southern Jiangxi, Hunan, Guizhou and Yunnan), Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Sumatera, Andaman Islands, Nicobar Islands, Myanmar, Bangladesh, India (including Tripura, Assam, Sikkim, West Bengal, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala, East Himalaya, Nepal, Sri Lanka.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Kerala & Tripura