Why LGBT and LGBT community are similar
Topics related to both
The bisexual community (also known as the bisexual/pansexual, bi/pan/fluid community) includes members of the LGBT community who identify as bisexual, pansexual, or sexually fluid. The bisexual community includes those who identify as bisexual, pansexual/omnisexual, biromantic, polysexual or sexually fluid. Wikipedia
Gender and sexual diversity (GSD), or simply sexual diversity, refers to all the diversities of sex characteristics, sexual orientations and gender identities, without the need to specify each of the identities, behaviors, or characteristics that form this plurality. In the Western world, generally simple classifications are used to describe sexual orientation (heterosexuals, homosexuals and bisexuals), gender identity (transgender and cisgender), and related minorities (intersex), gathered under the acronyms LGBT or LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender/transsexual people, and sometimes intersex people); however, other cultures have other ways of understanding the sex and gender systems. Wikipedia
Sexuality and gender identity-based cultures are subcultures and communities composed of people who have shared experiences, backgrounds, or interests due to common sexual or gender identities. Among the first to argue that members of sexual minorities can also constitute cultural minorities were Adolf Brand, Magnus Hirschfeld, and Leontine Sagan in Germany. Wikipedia
Gay bar and recreational tavern in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Lower Manhattan, New York City, and the site of the Stonewall riots of 1969, which is widely considered to be the single most important event leading to the gay liberation movement and the modern fight for LGBT rights in the United States. Located at 51–53 Christopher Street, between West 4th Street and Waverly Place. Wikipedia
Geographical area with generally recognized boundaries, inhabited or frequented by many lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. Gay villages often contain a number of gay-oriented establishments, such as gay bars and pubs, nightclubs, bathhouses, restaurants, boutiques and bookstores. Wikipedia
Transphobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes, feelings or actions toward transgender or transsexual people, or toward transsexuality. Transphobia can include fear, aversion, hatred, violence, anger, or discomfort felt or expressed towards people who do not conform to society's gender expectation. Wikipedia
The Stonewall riots (also referred to as the Stonewall uprising or the Stonewall rebellion) were a series of spontaneous, violent demonstrations by members of the gay (LGBT) community against a police raid that began in the early morning hours of June 28, 1969, at the Stonewall Inn in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. They are widely considered to constitute the most important event leading to the gay liberation movement and the modern fight for LGBT rights in the United States. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) social movements are social movements that advocate for LGBT people in society. Social movements may focus on equal rights, such as the 2000s movement for marriage equality, or they may focus on liberation, as in the gay liberation movement of the 1960s and 1970s. Wikipedia
Rights affecting lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people vary greatly by country or jurisdiction — encompassing everything from the legal recognition of same-sex marriage to the death penalty for homosexuality. Notably,, 28 countries recognize same-sex marriage, they are: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, the United Kingdom, the United States and Uruguay. Wikipedia
The human immunodeficiency viruses (HIV) are two species of Lentivirus (a subgroup of retrovirus) that causes HIV infection and over time acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Condition in humans in which progressive failure of the immune system allows life-threatening opportunistic infections and cancers to thrive. Wikipedia
Sentences that refer to both
- The city, along with adjacent small cities Oakland Park and Wilton Manors, is known for its large LGBT_community">LGBT community and has one of the highest ratios of gay men and lesbians, with gay men being more largely present, in the United States.
- The Darlinghurst end is well-known around the world as the centre of Sydney's gay community, is the yearly parade route of the Sydney Mardi Gras and the spiritual birthplace of the LGBT rights movement.
- It broadcasts general entertainment and lifestyle programming aimed at the LGBT community.
- PinkNews is a UK-based online newspaper marketed to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community (LGBT).
- InterPride is an international organization representing and composed of producers of pride events for the LGBT_community">LGBT community that celebrate lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) culture and pride.
- Originally called the Gay Labour Group, the stated purpose of this organisation is to campaign within the Labour Party and wider Labour movement to promote the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) individuals, as well as to encourage members of the LGBT community to support the Labour Party.
- In relation to sexual orientation many of the writings in Home Girls contain personal stories about their LBGT experiences and reactions from community members and reactions from the LGBT community.
- The David Bohnett Foundation supports organizations and projects using social activism to advance the rights of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community.
- It covers different aspects such as identity development including the 'coming out' process, parenting and family practices and supports for LGBTQ individuals, as well as issues of prejudice and discrimination involving the LGBTQ community.
- This research focus is affirmative for LGBTQ individuals, as it challenges prejudiced beliefs and attitudes and discriminatory policies and practices towards the LGBTQ community.
- Specific ways in which LGBTQ matters can be incorporated into the curriculum include: talking about diverse families (e.g. same-sex couples and LGBTQ parents), discussing LGBTQ history (e.g. talking about significant historical events and movements related to the LGBTQ community), using LGBTQ-inclusive texts in class and celebrating LGBTQ events (e.g. LGBTQ History Month in October or LGBTQ Pride Month in June).
- The scope of research within the field of LGBTQ psychology has been somewhat lacking in breadth and diversity, neglecting the experiences of those who do not fit the above stated criteria but who also rightly belong to the LGBTQ community.
- After using the slur "faggot" in committee on February 6 while advocating for an amendment that would nullify local LGBT anti-discrimination ordinances, he appeared in interviews on February 8 calling the LGBT community "a modern day version of the Ku Klux Klan" and a “terrorist group." On February 10, when asked during a television interview on WVVA what he would do if his son and daughter ever came out to him as gay, Porterfield repeatedly responded that he would "see if they could swim" and declined to clarify what he meant. This was taken by many as implying he would drown them, though Porterfield later rejected this interpretation. West Virginia Republican Party chair Melody Potter denounced Porterfield's words as unacceptable, saying further that they were "hateful, hurtful, and do not reflect the values of our country, our state, and the Republican Party.” In response, Porterfield refused to apologize and doubled-down on his original statements, calling LGBTQ people "brutal monsters."
- Public reactions to the shooting at Pulse LGBT nightclub on June 12, by Omar Mateen, included the domestic U.S. debate about constitutional rights and gun control; messages of condolences to the victims, their families, and friends; organized vigils, prayers and moments of silence or thoughts; and support for the LGBT community both in the U.S. and the rest of the world.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: LGBT & LGBT community